Current time: 19/04/2024, 13:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Wrexham Depot
(26/09/2017 19:01)N531 DWM Wrote:  A route change has been announced for route 5 Wrexham to Llangollen.
From October 1st, the route will serve Watery Road, Maelor Hospital, Croesnewydd Road, Ruthin Road, A483, Johnstown then the normal Route.

Sounds a good move. The section between Wrexham and Johnstown has a good coverage via Oswestry operated 2/2A/2B/2C along with the 3 and 4 Penycae services.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Makes very good sense to give the hospital a regular direct service to Ruabon etc other than the T3.
Speaking of route 5 , one of the Cadets [2802] was today on all day local routes. I at least saw it on a 7 and a 32.
Spotted today on route 5 to Llangollen was one of the Optare Versa's carrying a small white Arriva logo centrally under the windows on both sides!!
(10/10/2017 18:10)LJ51DCX Wrote:  Spotted today on route 5 to Llangollen was one of the Optare Versa's carrying a small white Arriva logo centrally under the windows on both sides!!
I saw that myself late this afternoon, wasn't sure if it was new or not, but certainly looked very odd

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
Just noticed that Arriva are changing the timetable on the 5 Wrexham to Llangollen yet again. This time they are reducing the frequency Mon-Sat from every 30 mins to every 40 mins. This comes into effect from 29th October.
Looks like a reduction of 1 vehicle, it probably means the end of the road for the remaining cadets.

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/wales/update...langollen/
(14/10/2017 18:12)N531 DWM Wrote:  Just noticed that Arriva are changing the timetable on the 5 Wrexham to Llangollen yet again. This time they are reducing the frequency Mon-Sat from every 30 mins to every 40 mins. This comes into effect from 29th October.
Looks like a reduction of 1 vehicle, it probably means the end of the road for the remaining cadets.

How long do we think it will be until they give up on this service?
(14/10/2017 21:20)Nwales Bus Wrote:  How long do we think it will be until they give up on this service?

The thing I don't understand is the talk about upgrades to this service, when in fact we see downgrades and I know that whenever I have used the 5 it's been almost empty (though it may be different at peak times?)
Is it just another example of mindless competition, where 2 operators have competed for it and are wasting resource on it to such an extent that neither is doing particularly well on there?
(14/10/2017 18:12)N531 DWM Wrote:  Just noticed that Arriva are changing the timetable on the 5 Wrexham to Llangollen yet again. This time they are reducing the frequency Mon-Sat from every 30 mins to every 40 mins. This comes into effect from 29th October.

Any route that goes irregular timed will be on its last legs , passengers like something they know is not going to be different in the next hour , hence why not try hourly rather than 40 minutely.
(15/10/2017 05:39)Valandil Wrote:  The thing I don't understand is the talk about upgrades to this service, when in fact we see downgrades and I know that whenever I have used the 5 it's been almost empty (though it may be different at peak times?)
Is it just another example of mindless competition, where 2 operators have competed for it and are wasting resource on it to such an extent that neither is doing particularly well on there?

It does seem that way. I saw 1010-12 on it yesterday and they had more passengers on than the more frequent D Jones offering of Solos and Versas but no loading's to shout about. One thing I spotted was passengers letting both ARRIVA Midlands / Cymru and D Jones go and wait for quite some time for the Lloyds T3 service which is of course offering free travel on weekends (one working was rammed full), that cannot be helping either party on the 5.

There is money on the route on the AM and PM peaks for sure on school days (they do get busy) so I suspect ARRIVA will ensure these revenue paths are covered. It does seem ARRIVA have handed D Jones another advantage.
(15/10/2017 09:38)wirralbus Wrote:  Any route that goes irregular timed will be on its last legs , passengers like something they know is not going to be different in the next hour , hence why not try hourly rather than 40 minutely.

I know people like a timetable to be easily memorable - but I'd be very surprised if a majority of passengers considered a 50% increase in headway a sacrifice worth making just to maintain a clock-face timetable.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)