Current time: 19/04/2024, 12:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2 Bus Companies selling up
RE: 2 Bus Companies selling up
Thinking of operator's local to myself , warrington would seem obvious. However I would consider Halton a mid size operator, a expanding fleet and big coverage cirlcle. There has also been some rumours lately but I am not going into detail. Cumfybus as well prehaps?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/07/2013 05:58)Southernsofty Wrote:  
(24/07/2013 22:13)mbonwick Wrote:  Don't forget that Trent Barton is owned by the Wellglade Group, and I can't see them selling up...
I was assuming with all the speculation that this meant the Wellglade group, you make it sound as if Wellglade is a much larger holding co, when in fact it's T-B and it's various subsidiaries!

Don't forget Wellglade's stake in the Nottingham Tram operation
Medium sized company , could you mean the likes of Finglands (bus division) Manchester who have been recently taken over by First?

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
(14/08/2013 14:27)Neoplan N4009 Wrote:  Medium sized company , could you mean the likes of Finglands (bus division) Manchester who have been recently taken over by First?
I am guessing that Finglands must have been 1 of the rumoured companies,
@ 40 vehicles worth would seem to be 'medium sized.'
its in Route One I think about the 2 this week

http://busncoachfleetlists.comli.com/ The new fleetlist site containing lots of new things

Currently the Macclesfield photographer for anything Arriva Macclesfield and Winsford, Arriva Wythenshawe, High Peaks, Aimees, Holmeswood, GHA and anything else I photograph

My blog http://maccbusspotter.blogspot.co.uk/
(14/08/2013 16:47)Southernsofty Wrote:  
(14/08/2013 14:27)Neoplan N4009 Wrote:  Medium sized company , could you mean the likes of Finglands (bus division) Manchester who have been recently taken over by First?

possible but who else?
(14/08/2013 21:45)E208 WBG Wrote:  
(14/08/2013 16:47)Southernsofty Wrote:  

possible but who else?

I would count Halton as a mid sized operator, despite not owning the biggest fleet in the world it still has a wide services circle stretching from Chester to St Helens. There has also been a lot of rumous of a buy out.

http://otp.investis.com/clients/uk/stage...sid=382317

Quote:Acquisition of Norfolk Green bus operations

Stagecoach Group plc ("Stagecoach") is pleased to announce that Stagecoach Bus Holdings Ltd has completed the acquisition of Go West Travel Ltd, trading as Norfolk Green, an independent bus operator in the east of England.

Norfolk Green, which was last month named Independent Bus Operator of the Year, operates commercial, tendered and school bus services, employing more than 160 people.

The company operates around 70 buses and carries around 4.6million passengers a year on a network covering Norfolk, and parts of Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire.

The acquisition will complement Stagecoach's existing successful bus operations in the east of England, where it already operates around 360 buses and employs 950 staff.

The business has leased depot and bus station facilities in King's Lynn, as well as a number of small out-station facilities on short-term let arrangements.

Robert Montgomery, Managing Director of Stagecoach UK Bus, said: "Norfolk Green is an award-winning, high-quality bus operator. The business is well-run and has been successful in attracting more people to the benefits of bus travel

"The acquisition will allow us to expand our operations in the east of England, where we have achieved good passenger growth by focusing on good value fares, investing in our networks and delivering punctual and reliable services.

"Our people are central to our growth plans and we are delighted to welcome our new employees to the business."

Norfolk Green, which the present owners bought in 1996 with three coaches, has become available for purchase due to the retirement following ill health of main shareholder Ben Colson. The operation will be run separately, managed by Gary Nolan Regional Director North, Stagecoach UK Bus.

Ben Colson said: "We have built a strong brand in the area with a larger network of bus routes than was here in 1996, attracted new customers to using the bus and increased employment. The company goes forward into new hands in good shape, and will benefit from being owned by a major transport company."
Dopes anyone know if the fleet be painted into Stagecoach livery or, like Fleet bus, be retained as Norfolk Green?

"Our people are central to our growth plans and we are delighted to welcome our new employees to the business."

Norfolk Green, which the present owners bought in 1996 with three coaches, has become available for purchase due to the retirement following ill health of main shareholder Ben Colson. The operation will be run separately, managed by Gary Nolan Regional Director North, Stagecoach UK Bus.

Ben Colson said: "We have built a strong brand in the area with a larger network of bus routes than was here in 1996, attracted new customers to using the bus and increased employment. The company goes forward into new hands in good shape, and will benefit from being owned by a major transport company."
[/quote]
[/quote]
EYMS have just put Whittles up for sale. I wonder how successful they will be in finding a buyer. The MCA may block First or Rotala, while other independents might be unable to raise the finance to buy it.

http://www.busandcoach.com/newspage.aspx...tegoryid=0

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)