Current time: 29/03/2024, 15:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wimbledon 2013
Wimbledon 2013
Wimbledon is upon us once again.

And who thought, after just three days and half the second round, that we could be looking at Andy Murray making the final for the second year running thanks to amazing results which have seen both Nadal and Federer knocked out by low-seeded opponents. Add to a record 7 injury withdrawals today (including Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, the man who was likely to be Murray's opponent in the Quarter Finals), this year's tournament is looking an excited prospect.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Wimbledon 2013
Andy Murray is into the Final of the Mens Singles at Wimbledon on Sunday Afternoon.
Find all posts by this user
Andy Murray has won Wimbledon Mens Singles Final .

Fred Perry was the last British man to win Wimbledon in 1936.
07/07/2013 1725 will go down in Tennis History....as the moment Andy Murray ended the 77 year wait for a British Wimbledon Men's Champion in a straight sets victory over Novak Djokovic.

Now, be honest, who thought it would be a straight set victory at the start of the day?

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I was expecting this match to be a long drawn out affair , just didnt expect it to be a straight sets victory , Djokovic just didnt seem to be on his game like he normally is , normally Djokovic is like an ice man , so ice cool.

All hats come off to his family and coaching team , I bet there is one man in his team that is enjoying it Ivan Lendl .

Ivan Lendl is the best man in tennis never to have won Wimbledon .
Djokovic was probably intimidated by the support for Andy Murray.

Didn't expect to see Wayne Rooney and Victoria Beckham there. Never knew they were interested in tennis!

Then again, they were probably more interested in the prawn sandwiches!LOL
Probably more the five set semi-final marathon Djokovic had to endure against Del Potro than the crowd. Djok has been in hostile situations before and come through with flying colours. The fact he served and volleyed so often (something he would normally do almost never) tells you all you need to know - he was tired.

Still, take nothing away from Murray. A fantastic achievement and deserving champion. He did what he had to do - he outplayed Djokovic when it really mattered. Such an improvement in mental strength compared with all those previous defeats in Grand Slams. All the talk about knighthoods is a bit much though.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)