Current time: 25/04/2024, 04:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

VOSA Bus Registration Search
RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search
Or it could be that D&G are running the short journeys that Arriva have withdrawn from that date which if that is the case, it would be a very smart move from the company.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/01/2018 08:42)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Or it could be that D&G are running the short journeys that Arriva have withdrawn from that date which if that is the case, it would be a very smart move from the company.

This is certainly a good move which should put some sort of reliability back into the Macc - Wilmslow corridor and pushing it through to Handforth Dean is a good useful new link. However, the episode with the 378 replacement which only lasted a short while is still fresh in my mind. Quite a gamble by D&G, considering how Arriva have so effectively killed off patronage on the 130 with chronic unreliability. Will the punters come back ?.
(03/01/2018 09:09)dca529x Wrote:  This is certainly a good move which should put some sort of reliability back into the Macc - Wilmslow corridor and pushing it through to Handforth Dean is a good useful new link. However, the episode with the 378 replacement which only lasted a short while is still fresh in my mind. Quite a gamble by D&G, considering how Arriva have so effectively killed off patronage on the 130 with chronic unreliability. Will the punters come back ?.

The 378 replacement was Wilmslow station to Handforth Dean so I wonder if D&G are trying that again as part of a through service to Macclesfield?

Worth remembering D&G offer £5 returns and £15 weekly tickets so the D&G 130 could well attract fare paying passengers to switch to D&G, especially considering Arriva's reliability.

I wonder if the decision to not want to run the 32 service anymore and the decision to replace the Solo SRs with Streetlites on the 88 route relate to this - 5 of the 13 reg SRs have working wifi and they all have leather seats so they have some the features of Arriva Sapphire buses.

D&G will be well aware of the closure of Wilmslow Jobcentre and what effect that has on bus services (despite the government claiming unemployment is low) given how much off-peak usage on the 88 route has dropped since it closed. I imagine they are also aware the official alternative is Macclesfield Jobcentre despite many jobseekers transferring to alternative job centres due to bus links not being as good as they could be.
(03/01/2018 10:44)knutstransport Wrote:  The 378 replacement was Wilmslow station to Handforth Dean so I wonder if D&G are trying that again as part of a through service to Macclesfield?

Worth remembering D&G offer £5 returns and £15 weekly tickets so the D&G 130 could well attract fare paying passengers to switch to D&G, especially considering Arriva's reliability.

I wonder if the decision to not want to run the 32 service anymore and the decision to replace the Solo SRs with Streetlites on the 88 route relate to this - 5 of the 13 reg SRs have working wifi and they all have leather seats so they have some the features of Arriva Sapphire buses.

D&G will be well aware of the closure of Wilmslow Jobcentre and what effect that has on bus services (despite the government claiming unemployment is low) given how much off-peak usage on the 88 route has dropped since it closed. I imagine they are also aware the official alternative is Macclesfield Jobcentre despite many jobseekers transferring to alternative job centres due to bus links not being as good as they could be.

I was wondering if the d/g 130 is successful whether an airport extension might work (If handforth dean isn’t popular). Once the a555 opens it will be minutes to the airport from handforth.
(03/01/2018 13:20)djb Wrote:  I was wondering if the d/g 130 is successful whether an airport extension might work (If handforth dean isn’t popular). Once the a555 opens it will be minutes to the airport from handforth.

Well the 200 will still be running when the D&G Macclesfield-Wilmslow service starts but if won't be a couple of months later.
Published today:

New Services:

PM0000008/536 WESTERN BUSES LTD, SANDGATE, AYR, KA7 1DD
From: Glasgow Road, Gretna To: Bus Station, Carlisle Via: Name or No.: X75_5 / X75 Service type: Limited Stop Effective date: 05 February 2018 Other details: Three Monday to Saturday daytime return trips.

PC0003567/23 ROBERT JOHN MEAKIN, GROBY ROAD, CREWE, CW1 4PE
From: Sandbach, The Common To: Crewe Bus Station Via: Elworth, Ettiley Heath, Warmingham, Coppenhall Name or No.: 32 Service type: Normal Stopping Effective date: 29 January 2018 Other details: Monday to Friday, except bank holidays

Variations:

PC0002407/293 STAGECOACH (NORTH WEST) LTD, SECOND FLOOR, BROADACRE HOUSE, 16-20 LOWTHER STREET, CARLISLE, CA3 8DA
Operating between Wigton and Keswick given service number CA554 / 554 effective from 20 December 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.

PC0003681/285 GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS
Operating between Manchester/Ashton and Glossop given service number 236 / 237N / 236 / 237 effective from 28 January 2018. To amend Timetable.

PC0003681/75 GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS
Operating between Cheadle and Bramhall High School given service number 852 / 852 effective from 08 January 2018. To amend Timetable.

PC0003681/12 GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS
Operating between Stockport and Wilmslow given service number 378 / 877 / 378 effective from 03 January 2018. To amend Timetable.

PC1033334/190 GLENVALE TRANSPORT LTD, GILMOSS DEPOT, EAST LANCASHIRE ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L11 0BB
Operating between Liscard Village and Liscard Village given service number 224 / 224 / 228 effective from 21 January 2017. To amend Timetable.

No cancellations.
(03/01/2018 13:20)djb Wrote:  I was wondering if the d/g 130 is successful whether an airport extension might work (If handforth dean isn’t popular). Once the a555 opens it will be minutes to the airport from handforth.

I would throw it in the airport viewing park as well. Though risky it may be at times, it can make massive money but some days it can be a flop. It depends on weather, school holidays, special planes landing etc. If you go on a good day, you can see loads of people waiting at the us stop. I think Howards fill up sometimes. Just from that one stop alone.
(03/01/2018 15:28)iMarkeh Wrote:  I would throw it in the airport viewing park as well. Though risky it may be at times, it can make massive money but some days it can be a flop. It depends on weather, school holidays, special planes landing etc. If you go on a good day, you can see loads of people waiting at the us stop. I think Howards fill up sometimes. Just from that one stop alone.

The airport provide a subsidy for the viewing park extension and have said it's their intention to continue to have a bus service to the viewing park after the 200 contract is cancelled. Also the National Trust provide a subsidy for the Quarry Bank Mill diversion. As neither of those bodies are directly using tax payer's money I don't think they would have to put any replacement contract out to competitive tender.

The cheapest option would probably be an extension of the 288 service during daylight hours given MCT have low operating costs and usually use a small bus (a 31 seater Solo), the 288 also runs 7 days a week unlike some other bus routes.
PC0003567/23 ROBERT JOHN MEAKIN, GROBY ROAD, CREWE, CW1 4PE
From: Sandbach, The Common To: Crewe Bus Station Via: Elworth, Ettiley Heath, Warmingham, Coppenhall Name or No.: 32 Service type: Normal Stopping Effective date: 29 January 2018 Other details: Monday to Friday, except bank holidays

Which firm is that?
(03/01/2018 16:31)E208 WBG Wrote:  PC0003567/23 ROBERT JOHN MEAKIN, GROBY ROAD, CREWE, CW1 4PE

Which firm is that?

Mikros. Partial replacement for the current D&G 32 service.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)