Current time: 19/04/2024, 17:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

VOSA Bus Registration Search
RE: VOSA Bus Registration Search
Just asked Arriva on Facebook about it and they have replied saying nothing is confirmed, Clearly everything is confirmed if its been Cancelled on VOSA.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/03/2016 12:47)T42 PVM Wrote:  Just asked Arriva on Facebook about it and they have replied saying nothing is confirmed, Clearly everything is confirmed if its been Cancelled on VOSA.

Unless they've cancelled it as a commercial service and are bidding for a tender for a replacement contracted service?
Find all posts by this user
I cant see a Tender being put up for it, withdrawing the X2 would not leave anywhere unserved, Just means the quick connection between the 2 destinations will be lost

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Wonder what this might mean for the QBP and Stagecoach ...
Maybe Stagecoach will replace the withdrawn Arriva journeys to have a half hourly service operated by Stagecoach only.
I wonder if it is switching to Laird Street and interlocking with the 2 - just a thought with Arriva themselves not confirming it.
(17/03/2016 16:13)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I wonder if it is switching to Laird Street and interlocking with the 2 - just a thought with Arriva themselves not confirming it.

If true, and it could be, there would then probably also be a change on VOSA for the 2, to provide positioning journeys ready to take up the gaps which would be created by diverting resources onto the X2.
(I.e. when a vehicle gets into Chester, it currently comes straight back as a 2, but if there is interworking then it would go off onto an X2, meaning that another vehicle has to take up the 2 which the first vehicle will no longer be running on).

Though admittedly these other vehicles could in theory run dead all the way to/from Chester, keeping the 2's timetable the same ...
The reason for the cancellation maybe to swap from Arriva Cymru (Chester) to Arriva Merseyside (Birkenhead).
PC0003680/923 - FIRST MANCHESTER LTD T/A FIRST, WALLSHAW STREET, OLDHAM, OL1 3TR
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Leigh Bus Station/Atherton Bag Lane and Manchester, Stevenson Square given service number V1/V2 effective from 03-Apr-2016. To amend Timetable.

PC0005236/49 - GO GOODWINS (COACHES) LTD, GOODWIN COACHES, LYNTOWN TRADING ESTATE, ECCLES, MANCHESTER, M30 9QG
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Sale, Hayfield Street and Sale, Hayfield Street given service number 261/262 effective from 02-Apr-2016.

PC0005236/60 - GO GOODWINS (COACHES) LTD, GOODWIN COACHES, LYNTOWN TRADING ESTATE, ECCLES, MANCHESTER, M30 9QG
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Wythenshawe and Urmiston given service number 268 effective from 03-Apr-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

PC0005236/80 - GO GOODWINS (COACHES) LTD, GOODWIN COACHES, LYNTOWN TRADING ESTATE, ECCLES, MANCHESTER, M30 9QG
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Manchester Piccadilly and Sale Hayfield Street given service number 99 effective from 02-Apr-2016.

PC1083068/9 - WIDNES COMMERCIAL MOTORS LTD, PICKERINGS ROAD, HALEBANK, WIDNES, WA8 8XW
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Runcorn High Street Bus Station, Cheshire and Halton Lea Bus Interchange, Rucorn , Cheshire given service number 20/20A/3D effective from 24-Apr-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.
I wonder what the WCM changes will be. They're lucky to have 2/3 people on a journey!

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)