Current time: 29/03/2024, 11:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fixing FirstGroup's buses
RE: Fixing FirstGroup's buses
(26/01/2013 18:05)gilesbus1 Wrote:  I've also heard in regards to Scotland East, and yes that is what I had heard as well that Livingston is also subject to disposal and makes heavy losses.

Thus the end of what was Eastern Scottish should it be the case.
You may have heard the same rumours I have that Musselburgh/Dunbar isn't doing very well despite the cutbacks and closures of Dalkeith.
Another recent rumour was that Bannockburn might be up for disposal.
All very frustrating, just hope we hear some concrete news soon.
As far as the 'Original list' (denied at the time!) the (undefined) 'Somerset Operations' were also listed for disposal, so hopefully some sell-offs there soon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
After Barnstaple closed, some Tridents went to Hampshire and, I believe, Bristol. Does anyone know where the leather-seated Enviro 400 ex route X9 (Exeter-Bude) went?

Some routes in east London worked by Dagenham (routes 165, 179, 252 and 365) have just been lost to Stagecoach. First had hoped to sell DM but could not agree a price with Stagecoach. All these routes were tendered after just 5 years (admittedly with Arriva route 256 in the area) so maybe TfL offered First a 2-year extension but they declined?
(02/02/2013 20:39)Metroline1511 Wrote:  After Barnstaple closed, some Tridents went to Hampshire and, I believe, Bristol. Does anyone know where the leather-seated Enviro 400 ex route X9 (Exeter-Bude) went?

Some routes in east London worked by Dagenham (routes 165, 179, 252 and 365) have just been lost to Stagecoach. First had hoped to sell DM but could not agree a price with Stagecoach. All these routes were tendered after just 5 years (admittedly with Arriva route 256 in the area) so maybe TfL offered First a 2-year extension but they declined?

the ex-X9 Enviro 400s work X80/X81
(02/02/2013 21:25)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  
(02/02/2013 20:39)Metroline1511 Wrote:  After Barnstaple closed, some Tridents went to Hampshire and, I believe, Bristol. Does anyone know where the leather-seated Enviro 400 ex route X9 (Exeter-Bude) went?

the ex-X9 Enviro 400s work X80/X81

Many thanks! I didn't think they had left the area. I shall be going to Plymouth in April and shall ride one then.
It is on the face of it a welcome initiative for First to specify leather seating on their new buses. The only snag is that, if the Enviro 400s at Bolton are anything to go by, the seating does not smell entirely pleasant. I have found leather seats with other operators such as Transdev, Trent Barton, Stagecoach, Arriva and even First Eclipse services in Fareham ok though.
It is reported that First have had an indicative takeover offer by American venture capitalists Apollo. Allowing for the total share value and total debts, Apollo must anticipate plenty of profits from operations they retain and any they dispose of. They could for example retain Greyhound and American school bus operations but dispose of UK bus.

Maybe National Express, RATP or Comfort DelGro would welcome such an acquisition? I doubt Abellio would buy First UK bus as they seem to prefer tenders / franchises given that they have largely pulled out of Surrey. I similarly doubt Transdev would buy First UK bus as they seem careful and selective in which routes they operate anywhere.
Reported where?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(14/04/2018 16:57)Metroline1511 Wrote:  It is reported that First have had an indicative takeover offer by American venture capitalists Apollo. Allowing for the total share value and total debts, Apollo must anticipate plenty of profits from operations they retain and any they dispose of. They could for example retain Greyhound and American school bus operations but dispose of UK bus.

Maybe National Express, RATP or Comfort DelGro would welcome such an acquisition? I doubt Abellio would buy First UK bus as they seem to prefer tenders / franchises given that they have largely pulled out of Surrey. I similarly doubt Transdev would buy First UK bus as they seem careful and selective in which routes they operate anywhere.

The proposal was rejected

http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/busin...posal.html

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)