Current time: 24/04/2024, 21:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
Some odd workings today...

'The Drifter' branded Cadet 8271 (NK54 NKZ) has been on the 39.
'Showstopper' branded Lolyne 3862 (W862 PNL) has been on the 5.
DFDS Seaways branded Lolyne 3877 (W177 SCU) has been on the 9.

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
'Cobalt Clipper' branded Scania Omnicity, NK56KJO, has been working on the 9 today.

'Northern' branded Volvo, S825OFT, has been on the 27.

Trials on the 21? (Photo by Bazza Houston)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/735...hotostream
Just out of interest, Go North East often seem to be introducing more routes and can often be seen increasing frequencies, arguably more so than other companies, is the a large modal shift from car to bus in the North East pushing these increases in capacity?
There's a very interesting interview with a few people from GNE in Bus & Coach Week magazine. I found the link on the Go-Ahead website. The various sections about GNE are dotted around the magazine, as all other Go-Ahead companies are also mentioned.

http://coachandbusweek.com/major-operato...ahead-plc/

To sum up:

Three more new superdepots are planned at Gateshead (beside the MetroCentre), Chester-le-Street and at Percy Main.

The new buses on the X9/X10 will have upmarket seating, but not full leather.

The Loop, Highwayman and Prince Bishops are the next liveries to be updated.

The Red Kite will also have a new brand, keeping the bird theme but with different colours.

Plans are in place to convert service Ten from single-decker operation to double-decker operation with more new buses (likely to be Wright Gemini 2's). The cascaded Citaro's will go onto the Crusader as part of the South Tyneside Quality Partnership.
I am due to ride either route X9 or X10 at the end of July, potentially Wednesday 25th. I hope the new buses operate by then but am prepared it's touch'n'go. If not, it will increase my incentive for a Middlesbrough trip next year so it's a win-win situation!
The new vehicles will most probably be not in service by 25th July. The vehicles are not due to be start delivered until mid July, but there is quite a bit of work to do behind the scenes as these vehicles having to be fitted with digitial tachographs meaning all the X9/X10 drivers will need to be in possession of a digital tacho card before the vehicles go on the road (around 40 drivers all in total) and they all need the associated training that goes with it. The current vehicles have analogue tacho's fitted.
I see most of the Red Kite & West Durham Swift Scanias have now been de-branded. I understand from earlier posts some of these were going to Lime service (Cosett - Sunderland 78/8) also Consett - Durham (15) Does anyone know when this is happening and how many are changing. Former X9/10 Deckers were reported to be destined for W.D. Swift. What's happening with Red Kite.
'South Tyne' branded Dart V201ERG was on the 27 today, along with another 'South Tyne' branded Dart that I didn't get the number of.

V201ERG was shaking violently every time it stopped, and also cut out at Heworth earlier today.
I reckon Red Kite must be due something else from somewhere... could it too be getting Citaros? Seeing as the Red Kite Scania's have been painted red and the colours of Red Kite are supposedly changing!
(12/06/2012 21:13)tyresmoke Wrote:  I reckon Red Kite must be due something else from somewhere... could it too be getting Citaros? Seeing as the Red Kite Scania's have been painted red and the colours of Red Kite are supposedly changing!
Also - A good few West Durham Swifts have been De-Branded, now in all over Red with No Northern/Brand titles other than GoAhead legal lettering

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)