Current time: 25/04/2024, 06:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bank Notes
RE: Bank Notes
Plastic Fivers?
They'll be having plastic Tenners next!

http://www.thenewten.co.uk
BLIMEY!LOL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/07/2017 15:41)mathias Wrote:  Plastic Fivers?
They'll be having plastic Tenners next!

http://www.thenewten.co.uk
BLIMEY!LOL

Looks alright to me. I particularly like the feature to help partially sighted/blind users identify which note it is

I'll have to remember to keep an old £10 note before they're taken out of circulation
(19/07/2017 16:00)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Looks alright to me. I particularly like the feature to help partially sighted/blind users identify which note it is

I'll have to remember to keep an old £10 note before they're taken out of circulation

I hope the £20 gets the same dot treatment. I've never noticed them on the plastic fivers.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(19/07/2017 16:09)RedPanda Wrote:  I hope the £20 gets the same dot treatment. I've never noticed them on the plastic fivers.

The £20 will also receive the raised dots. The £5 will be distinguished by not having them
It looks like £50 note could have a limited shelf life after the Bank of England confirmed there have no plans as of yet to produce this note as a Polymer note , could this be the beginning of the end for this note.

There will be a polymer £20 note coming up on the horizon , there hasnt been a release date announced just yet.
Many shops used to display notices saying they wouldn't take £50 notes, but since cash machines don't produce them can't imagine many got offered, except for the forgeries they were trying to avoid.
;
Soon the £50 will be the only paper note , im sure some banks in Scotland did produce a £100 note , dont know if they still do.
(09/04/2018 16:24)wirralbus Wrote:  Soon the £50 will be the only paper note , im sure some banks in Scotland did produce a £100 note , dont know if they still do.

Scottish banks haven't updated it to polymer if the £100 is still legal tender. I've had a google and it's proving rather difficult to find what notes are legal tender in Scotland.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
We can not be far off the launch of the Polymer £20 note , the £10 one has been out quite a while now.

One bugbear is people folding these plastic notes makes them very hard to stay in your wallet without them wanting to fly at the first opportunity .
Something that i dont think was mentioned at the time but the Polymer £20 was introduced on the 20th February .

The £20 notes i have seen at the moment have managed to not to be folded , these polymer notes are bad when someone folds the note then they have a mind of there own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)