Current time: 18/04/2024, 05:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Shearings/National Holidays
RE: Shearings/National Holidays
Sad to see the end of this company. Didn't take much interest in the coaching side but do remember them running bus services on Merseyside with some fairly innovative routes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Its going to be odd when we come out of lockdown eventually to no longer see a Shearings Coach on the road .

The problem looking down the line now is any coach company safe now im sure Alfa will be looking at themselves now

The official post on administration
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I never forgave National Holidays for the appalling treatment my wife received on one of their weekend trips when we arrived at the Stagecoach bus station in Stockport just in time to see the coach leaving without her .She was ten minutes EARLY. The bus station office contacted the coach[still before the allotted departure time-the driver refused to come back so I had to drive at breakneck speed to Altrincham to catch the coach up. When we arrived the driver said nothing just scowled at her and hurled her bag into the luggage area.

I made sure that those already on the coach were made aware of what had happened.

National Holidays just did not want to know when I complained. So this guy let all the good drivers down. And their customer services were non existent.

It's still hard to be too sympathetic because of that.
(22/05/2020 18:19)wirralbus Wrote:  Its going to be odd when we come out of lockdown eventually to no longer see a Shearings Coach on the road .

The problem looking down the line now is any coach company safe now im sure Alfa will be looking at themselves now

Alfa's last Covid-19 update contained this sentence: 'Rest assured, we are a financially strong business and we look forward to welcoming you back on board and in our hotels later in the year!' So hopefully they, and Robinsons, should be okay.
(26/05/2020 13:19)Olympian2100 Wrote:  Alfa's last Covid-19 update contained this sentence: 'Rest assured, we are a financially strong business and we look forward to welcoming you back on board and in our hotels later in the year!' So hopefully they, and Robinsons, should be okay.

Robinsons seem to have been focusing on UK holidays after they struggled to get minimum numbers for European tours.

The government's plan indicates that UK hotels may be allowed to reopen in July, so if that happens the operators focusing on UK trips could still see their peak summer departures go ahead.
(26/05/2020 13:32)knutstransport Wrote:  Robinsons seem to have been focusing on UK holidays after they struggled to get minimum numbers for European tours.

The government's plan indicates that UK hotels may be allowed to reopen in July, so if that happens the operators focusing on UK trips could still see their peak summer departures go ahead.

Then there is social distncing on a coach to contend with ?
(26/05/2020 15:52)wirralbus Wrote:  Then there is social distncing on a coach to contend with ?

I doubt July holidays will be fully booked, unless operators offer heavily discounted places to make up for months of people not booking holidays.
Leger Holidays have acquired the brand, website and company database;
https://abtamag.com/2020/06/23/leger-hol...ngs-brand/

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(23/06/2020 16:23)ant17612 Wrote:  Leger Holidays have acquired the brand, website and company database;
https://abtamag.com/2020/06/23/leger-hol...ngs-brand/

They was the three things that the administrator had to leverage with as everything else was leased up to the hilt.

They now reckon within 2 weeks there will be further details of what they will do with the brand .

Not good news if you was a driver or worked in one of there hotels at present as they are not included in this deal.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)