Current time: 24/04/2024, 02:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Southport Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Southport Depot
(21/12/2017 20:13)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Looks like an arriva driver from southport as been shot in the head but it luckily skimmed it and not caused serious damage.
Article in liverpool echo.

Someone else was shot, with wounds to the head, a shotgun was used the driver was cought by some stray pellets,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
4101 left on route 300 to Liverpool at 0950 today (Sat)
(21/12/2017 21:31)wimdebusse Wrote:  Someone else was shot, with wounds to the head, a shotgun was used the driver was cought by some stray pellets,

Jesus the merseyside area is getting seriously dangerous now. Just last week someone was shot in a drive by shooting. Surely arriva have got to at least consider re-routing buses & routes if a driver has been injured then passengers are at the same risk.
(21/01/2018 11:32)33109 Wrote:  Jesus the merseyside area is getting seriously dangerous now. Just last week someone was shot in a drive by shooting. Surely arriva have got to at least consider re-routing buses & routes if a driver has been injured then passengers are at the same risk.

The incident happened right outside the drivers office on Eastbank Street. In fairness it could have hit anyone, the driver was just unlucky. I think that rerouting would be completely disproportionate in any part of Merseyside based off one particular incident on a crowded high street. Shootings have been commonplace for a number of years now and its anyone's guess where the next ones will happen so really rerouting anything would be pointless.
(21/01/2018 12:44)Lynx Wrote:  The incident happened right outside the drivers office on Eastbank Street. In fairness it could have hit anyone, the driver was just unlucky. I think that rerouting would be completely disproportionate in any part of Merseyside based off one particular incident on a crowded high street. Shootings have been commonplace for a number of years now and its anyone's guess where the next ones will happen so really rerouting anything would be pointless.

exactly, with a couple of other recent incidents in Southport there would be no bus services in the toen centre, Eastbsnk St off limits due to a driver being wounded, Lord Street off limits due to a ram raid at a jewellers where the robbers torched the vehicle at the scene, London Street off limits due to a travel agent being killed in her office on chapel st., it's just being in the wrong place at the wrong time, I could have been involved eith the shooting if I had gone out half an hour earlier, my planned route would hsve tsken me through the Chaple Dt-Esstbsnk St junction, Maybe closer to the stabbing again if Il had gone out hslf and hour earlier. Security in the cities is getting tighter, do the criminals are coming to smaller towns, as I said wrong place, wrong time
(21/01/2018 21:28)wimdebusse Wrote:  Security in the cities is getting tighter, do the criminals are coming to smaller towns, as I said wrong place, wrong time

That might be true for crimes like shoplifting, but murders, attempted murders and shootings tend to be targeted, and will take place wherever the target happens to be. I agree, though, that to consider re-routing buses is absurd. The suggestion that Merseyside is "seriously dangerous" on the basis of a couple of incidents is a massive exaggeration.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Was talking to a driver and he told me that the P&R Enviro 200s (4143 & 4144) are to be replaced in the next 6 Months by new buses
(02/03/2018 20:33)darylyates17 Wrote:  Was talking to a driver and he told me that the P&R Enviro 200s (4143 & 4144) are to be replaced in the next 6 Months by new buses

Think you mean 2143 and 2144
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(02/03/2018 20:33)darylyates17 Wrote:  Was talking to a driver and he told me that the P&R Enviro 200s (4143 & 4144) are to be replaced in the next 6 Months by new buses

It would make sense considering they're 10 years old this year. I remember when they were brand new - time flies!
I might of been misinformed but we in work was told arriva wont be making any purchases this year for new veichles so not sure but i live on a "beleive it when its in black and white"

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)