Current time: 16/04/2024, 05:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester Community Transport
RE: Manchester Community Transport
(24/05/2018 16:50)Mayneway Wrote:  Both of the 07 reg Enviros should be being collected by Dawson's this weekend and replaced with a pair of shorter 11 plate Envros which will eventually be stickered up with MCT logos etc. The 07 reg pair were deemed as unsuitable for most MCTs work because of their length.

I wonder whether they were originally chosen because some x5 journeys had pretty high passenger numbers towards the end of stagecoach? Numbers are now being decimated by poor punctuality (not mcts fault - a slightly unrealistic timetable and the roadworks on the M56 are killing it off)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/05/2018 00:55)ant17612 Wrote:  That's a shame, I saw one almost full up on the 245 the other week!

They are cracking buses and are in much better condition than some of the younger shorter enviro's at MCT but it seems for once management have listened and have realised they are just not suitable for some of the services.
(25/05/2018 07:16)djb Wrote:  I wonder whether they were originally chosen because some x5 journeys had pretty high passenger numbers towards the end of stagecoach? Numbers are now being decimated by poor punctuality (not mcts fault - a slightly unrealistic timetable and the roadworks on the M56 are killing it off)

Yes originally brought in for use on the X5, but then strangly when the 237 first went to MCT the running boards for that stated that long darts/Enviros should be used but within the first couple of weeks the journeys went from stand alone 2 bus working to a complicated interworking where it will do a trip both ways on the 237, then do some very tight Ashton circulars then do a 389 both ways there just too big to run on some routes - I suspect it will be the same in Stockport with the X5's.
(26/05/2018 08:01)Mayneway Wrote:  Yes originally brought in for use on the X5, but then strangly when the 237 first went to MCT the running boards for that stated that long darts/Enviros should be used but within the first couple of weeks the journeys went from stand alone 2 bus working to a complicated interworking where it will do a trip both ways on the 237, then do some very tight Ashton circulars then do a 389 both ways there just too big to run on some routes - I suspect it will be the same in Stockport with the X5's.

The buses on the x5 actually seem to stay put all day. Although I’m not 100% as I’ve mostly stopped using it due to the fact it’s usually up to half an hour late most of the day, and mct don’t have real time.
(26/05/2018 12:12)djb Wrote:  The buses on the x5 actually seem to stay put all day. Although I’m not 100% as I’ve mostly stopped using it due to the fact it’s usually up to half an hour late most of the day, and mct don’t have real time.

It will interwork with something just not sure what, possibly the 25. Apparently on Friday afternoon X5's were running up to an hour late due to the roadworks. Real headache!
(27/05/2018 07:55)Mayneway Wrote:  It will interwork with something just not sure what, possibly the 25. Apparently on Friday afternoon X5's were running up to an hour late due to the roadworks. Real headache!

Oh, i see what you mean (ie what the bus does in the evenings). It wouldn’t surprise me if it was originally meant to interwork with the 237 despite the distance (the timings would allow it). I’ve not seen the longer enviros on 25, but I’m pretty sure I have on the 368.
(27/05/2018 08:18)djb Wrote:  Oh, i see what you mean (ie what the bus does in the evenings). It wouldn’t surprise me if it was originally meant to interwork with the 237 despite the distance (the timings would allow it). I’ve not seen the longer enviros on 25, but I’m pretty sure I have on the 368.

They tend to be allocated to Ashton services and end up on the circulars which are very tight. Even the 419 I believe is a struggle. One was originally sent to Rochdale but very quickly returned to Stockport.

Don't know whether it's due to the bank holiday but 237's were extremely busy last night and a couple of trips ended up with people standing for some of the journey so bigger buses are needed!
(27/05/2018 10:00)Mayneway Wrote:  They tend to be allocated to Ashton services and end up on the circulars which are very tight. Even the 419 I believe is a struggle. One was originally sent to Rochdale but very quickly returned to Stockport.

Don't know whether it's due to the bank holiday but 237's were extremely busy last night and a couple of trips ended up with people standing for some of the journey so bigger buses are needed!

Yesterday was probably due to the rail strike giving no evening trains.
KX07HFB still here and on 245s tonight. Anyone definitely know how long they have left?

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(31/05/2018 21:40)ant17612 Wrote:  KX07HFB still here and on 245s tonight. Anyone definitely know how long they have left?

As soon as replacements arrive they will be going. Like I said in my post further up both should have been replaced with shorter 11 plate examples from Dawson's rentals last weekend but no sign of anything yet. They are only temporary though hence no vinyls being applied.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)