Current time: 25/04/2024, 11:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester Community Transport
RE: Manchester Community Transport
(19/05/2020 10:23)Owl Wrote:  Ref Mayneways response above, the MCT vehicles will be sold to pay debts.
well they will get very little for them as I can't see anyone buying buses for a long time if they are selling them they have to me total sh*t or CT would of just paid what owed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/05/2020 11:33)Mrboo Wrote:  well they will get very little for them as I can't see anyone buying buses for a long time if they are selling them they have to me total sh*t or CT would of just paid what owed.

It doesn't matter how little they expect to get for them - there's unpaid debts and the buses have been used as part of a chattel mortgage, so they have to be sold to recover whatever can be recovered whether or not they expect them to be used for spare parts or used on a daily basis with a new operator.

I seem to recall from the auctions selling off the ex-GHA vehicles that winning bids aren't always what you'd expect them to be. The Cheshire Connect Solos were a bit old and hadn't been very well looked after but there was quite a bit of interest in them - I seem to recall the 19 seater one sold for more than a newer Plaxton Centro and the majority of the larger ones ended up going to an operator in Ireland.
(19/05/2020 11:33)Mrboo Wrote:  well they will get very little for them as I can't see anyone buying buses for a long time if they are selling them they have to me total sh*t or CT would of just paid what owed.

I’d love to borrow your crystal ball some time as you seem to know what they are worth and how much they will fetch......

The buses have finance outstanding - so by the time HCT has paid off outstanding debt on them, sorted body work and re-painted them they will be worth more on paper than they actually are. Like the TFGM ones they have an estimated 10 year life span so can completely understand why HCT are letting them go.
Add to that the fact there Optare hybrids and HCT don’t like Optares or Hybrids that’s another reason, plus they like to lease not own outright, hence why most of the leases Enviro200’s have been kept.

I would imagine the hybrids will be bought and converted to standard diesel like what cumfy bus are doing at the moment with some of theirs.
And that my point if CT don`t want them and they could get far cheaper then market rate who going to pay market rate so they be better just handing them to finance people and they have not. So they may still want them for a reason.
(19/05/2020 17:09)Mrboo Wrote:  And that my point if CT don`t want them and they could get far cheaper then market rate who going to pay market rate so they be better just handing them to finance people and they have not. So they may still want them for a reason.

All the assets have been seized by the administrators. HCT don’t get to say what they get sold for as the finance was secured on them before HCT became involved.

If you default on mortgage payments for your house and the bank repossess it, and they decide to auction it off rather than sell it conventionally you don’t get to tell the bank how to go about it. They take it off you and that’s it.
(19/05/2020 09:47)Mayneway Wrote:  The Enviros are stored there pending the start of more new work in Yorkshire in September. There’s still quite a few MCT vehicles there awaiting collection/sale. A couple of hybrids were collected by Proctors last week.

The deckers are there for engineering work, think there having the exhaust/engine modified to upgrade the Euro spec - there should be a large presence of deckers at Chadderton over the summer while this work is completed.

Two deckers and what appeared to be an Enviro200 MMC there on Sunday.
Yesterday I witnessed YJ60KCX being taken out of the Stockport bus station compound and driven away on trade plates. Presumably its back at optare trafford park now
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

SKM reports that MX62 AWG, MX12 DZB and MX12 DZC are with Ensign (Dealer). MX62 AWG and MX12 DZB have moved on to A2B Cambridge.
(06/07/2020 18:39)Owl Wrote:  SKM reports that MX62 AWG, MX12 DZB and MX12 DZC are with Ensign (Dealer). MX62 AWG and MX12 DZB have moved on to A2B Cambridge.

Any idea were the MCT owned hybrids have ended up now?
(06/07/2020 20:11)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Any idea were the MCT owned hybrids have ended up now?

All sold to Proctors bus and coach for onward sale. 3 already sold but not sure who too but will possibly be converted to diesel before hitting the road.

Also YJ60KCY was moved out of Stockport bus station earlier on trade plates followed by an Optare service van so it’s presumably gone to Trafford park.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)