Current time: 25/04/2024, 16:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester Community Transport
RE: Manchester Community Transport
MCT sprinter minibus spotted this lunchtime in Glossop town centre with around 4 drivers on board - presumably route learning.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Friend of mine has started with MCT today doing odds and sods until they start the 237's when he will become one of 4 regular drivers, he's been told they are expecting a pair of 'larger' vehicles for it possibly double deckers - be interesting to see what they end up using!
(26/03/2018 22:55)Mayneway Wrote:  Friend of mine has started with MCT today doing odds and sods until they start the 237's when he will become one of 4 regular drivers, he's been told they are expecting a pair of 'larger' vehicles for it possibly double deckers - be interesting to see what they end up using!

I suppose the question would be what would these 2 vehicles be used on during the day to merit their purchase for an evening tender? Stagecoach use long saloons/deckers on peak x5s but it’s not the best placed service geographically to interwork the 237
Does anyone know if MCT accept the Greater Manchester Wayfarer ticket?
(30/03/2018 21:07)iMarkeh Wrote:  Does anyone know if MCT accept the Greater Manchester Wayfarer ticket?

They are not on the list of bus companies accepting Wayfarer tickets:

https://www.tfgm.com/tickets-and-passes/...-companies

(The list seems to be out of date, as Wigan Buses (ceased) is still listed.)
But arnt mct routes subsidised by tfgm?
(31/03/2018 19:36)Bevan Price Wrote:  They are not on the list of bus companies accepting Wayfarer tickets:

https://www.tfgm.com/tickets-and-passes/...-companies

(The list seems to be out of date, as Wigan Buses (ceased) is still listed.)

TfGM never seem to be able to keep an up-to-date list of participating operators. Bakerbus are mentioned - whose routes in the Wayfarer area transferred to D&G a long time ago, D&G are also mentioned but they don't accept them. Vale of Llangollen travel (a subsidiary of ceased operator G.H.A. Coaches) are mentioned and even before they ceased operations they had stop using the Vale of Llangollen travel brand and operating licences. I also don't think Swans, Bullocks or Clowes still run any regular bus services in the Wayfarer area.
(01/04/2018 08:23)knutstransport Wrote:  TfGM never seem to be able to keep an up-to-date list of participating operators. Bakerbus are mentioned - whose routes in the Wayfarer area transferred to D&G a long time ago, D&G are also mentioned but they don't accept them. Vale of Llangollen travel (a subsidiary of ceased operator G.H.A. Coaches) are mentioned and even before they ceased operations they had stop using the Vale of Llangollen travel brand and operating licences. I also don't think Swans, Bullocks or Clowes still run any regular bus services in the Wayfarer area.

D&G do accept them as they accepted mine yesterday about 3 times. It did seem weird that all MCT routes are under tender to TFGM and accepted System 1 but didn't accept wayfarer which is set up also by TFGM. I know the information isn't kept the best upto date either so I thought it best to ask and check. I didn't use them yesterday just incase and used an alternative operator.
(01/04/2018 08:23)knutstransport Wrote:  TfGM never seem to be able to keep an up-to-date list of participating operators. Bakerbus are mentioned - whose routes in the Wayfarer area transferred to D&G a long time ago, D&G are also mentioned but they don't accept them. Vale of Llangollen travel (a subsidiary of ceased operator G.H.A. Coaches) are mentioned and even before they ceased operations they had stop using the Vale of Llangollen travel brand and operating licences. I also don't think Swans, Bullocks or Clowes still run any regular bus services in the Wayfarer area.

Bullocks operate the 147.
(01/04/2018 14:07)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Bullocks operate the 147.

Of course, I forgot about that one.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)