Current time: 29/03/2024, 06:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester Community Transport
RE: Manchester Community Transport
(11/01/2017 07:22)M60lad Wrote:  Another addition to MCT's fleet is Enviro200 KX10DVN ex Tates Travel and was out on 308 yesterday.

Are these actually 'acquired' or are they more leased vehicles. It's very hard to tell what's owned and wafts leased/loaned these days bar the hybrid Solos and the older Darts.

Incidentally when Maytree went belly up a few years ago now a small number of Solos and a couple of Darts ended up at MCT, infact soon after I remember seeing photos that had been taken at an official PSVC/REC tour of two of the Solos parked up inside the Stockport depot - this was at the time they first acquired the Tridents and olly for a school contract. The photo caption suggested the two Solos were having thier engines rebuilt and would enter service once completed but I've never seen of them. Anyone know if there still with MCT?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
YJ13 HLP or should it be YJ13 H'E'LP is in a right state, the left wall is dented at the base and it is absolutely filthy outside
(16/02/2017 14:38)acocker96 Wrote:  YJ13 HLP or should it be YJ13 H'E'LP is in a right state, the left wall is dented at the base and it is absolutely filthy outside

Sums most of thier fleet up tbh. Some of thier hybrid Solos are poor condition cosmetically and like you say I think they get a quick brush over once a week there absolutely filthy.
(18/02/2017 06:55)Mayneway Wrote:  Sums most of thier fleet up tbh. Some of thier hybrid Solos are poor condition cosmetically and like you say I think they get a quick brush over once a week there absolutely filthy.
I see Stotts a lot in Failsworth and their fleet are always clean and presentable. To say those Hybrids are part public funded they should be treated with more respect.
(18/02/2017 11:26)acocker96 Wrote:  I see Stotts a lot in Failsworth and their fleet are always clean and presentable. To say those Hybrids are part public funded they should be treated with more respect.

If what a driver from a larger company told me last year is true, their running contracts at such a low price that buses are out from first thing till last thing at night. Theres little in the way of spare vehicles so maintaince is a 'patch and go'.

Couldn't agree more regarding Stotts. All their vehicles are always well turned out including the buses used on schools.
(18/02/2017 17:58)Mayneway Wrote:  If what a driver from a larger company told me last year is true, their running contracts at such a low price that buses are out from first thing till last thing at night. Theres little in the way of spare vehicles so maintaince is a 'patch and go'.

Couldn't agree more regarding Stotts. All their vehicles are always well turned out including the buses used on schools.
Didn't JPT do the same towards the end? I remember one of the white Primo's had a yellow/blue front bumper corner and a yellow/blue one had a white corner, they could've swapped them among buses.
I like to nosy around sales websites and found something familiar;
http://www.chartwellbussales.co.uk/buses...php?bus=15
Enviro200 for sale at Chartwell's (formerly Southdown PSV)

And this ...
http://www.chartwellbussales.co.uk/buses...php?bus=36
Still got driver jobs stickers on the rear window
(27/02/2017 12:39)acocker96 Wrote:  I like to nosy around sales websites and found something familiar;
http://www.chartwellbussales.co.uk/buses...php?bus=15
Enviro200 for sale at Chartwell's (formerly Southdown PSV)

And this ...
http://www.chartwellbussales.co.uk/buses...php?bus=36
Still got driver jobs stickers on the rear window

They've been on there for a while now, since early January at least
I noticed in the evening the 288 arrival at the Airport then forms the 18 and vice versa. So the vehicles are doing the same thing as when Arriva ran a through service, except it's advertised as two separate services.
(18/02/2017 06:55)Mayneway Wrote:  Sums most of thier fleet up tbh. Some of thier hybrid Solos are poor condition cosmetically and like you say I think they get a quick brush over once a week there absolutely filthy.

I don't get why they stick A4 notices on the windows with just a strip of sellotape at the top and bottom. Surely they should realise they'll be condensation which will make the notices roll up.

Is there a reason why the ticket machine is in an unusual place and there's no where to put the money for your ticket?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)