Current time: 18/04/2024, 14:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Bangor Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Bangor Depot
(04/08/2017 20:19)cx04axy Wrote:  04 cadets are staying in Bangor and 06 too

Will it be the 07 ones moving to Chester now then?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2481 had a 50% chance of been repaired, but its now donatwd its engine to 2482 and i believe its to be scrapped . Other options were to be looked at engine donation from one of the pool buses in Chester. But that has happened.

07 cadets i gather are staying. Well nothing is been moved i believe until September/October.
846 has now been withdrawn and is in Wrexham.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
Enviro200 Demonstrator YX17 NXA on Route 24 today seen at Llandudno Jn
2636 Rear end Heart advert all over
Dunno if its just this bus Maybe 2631 has had one as well.

2656 is having a repaint into new livery
4187 Y702 XJF is currently parked at Whitehurst near Chirk at a yard used by nearby AN Richards for MoT work. Various Cymru and Winsford vehicles appear here over time.

Looks odd in the latest fleet livery!

Chris
(02/12/2017 17:58)Depotosw Wrote:  4187 Y702 XJF is currently parked at Whitehurst near Chirk at a yard used by nearby AN Richards for MoT work. Various Cymru and Winsford vehicles appear here over time.

Looks odd in the latest fleet livery!

Chris

Seems odd if they have repainted it to new livery for a very old bus
(02/12/2017 18:11)cx04axy Wrote:  Seems odd if they have repainted it to new livery for a very old bus

Last time I heard the Lowlanders are going to be retained for another two or three years so repainting them isn't odd at all really. A good few years ago a Dennis Lance was repainted into Interurban and was then withdrawn a very short time later after it became surplus to requirements
(02/12/2017 18:38)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Last time I heard the Lowlanders are going to be retained for another two or three years so repainting them isn't odd at all really. A good few years ago a Dennis Lance was repainted into Interurban and was then withdrawn a very short time later after it became surplus to requirements

Can i point out too the S-SNBs we had at Wrexham were fully refurbished and repainted and withdrawn a year later with 0808/09 going to GHA of course! Smile

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
I understand 4187 has had a lot of work done at St Helens so repainting it will be small in comparison.

There has been suggestions the Lowlanders are expected to last a few more years at Bangor yet due to the nature of work they do and lack of suitable replacements at the right age. Remember the Volvo Olympians were hanging very late after a lot of newer stuff had departed the main fleet.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)