Current time: 16/04/2024, 04:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Oakwood Travel (Classic Bus North West)
RE: Oakwood Travel (Classic Bus North West)
Courtesy of the Catch22 bus Facebook page

Appeal Decision
We have learned that the Transport Tribunal will not support our grounds for appeal against the Traffic Commissioner’s November 2016 decision. The Appeal only considered a single point – whether the TC was within his right to decide against fitness to hold a licence based on exposing the Senior Traffic Commissioner for committing motoring offences.
We are obviously disappointed in the Tribunals decision but are not surprised because it considered no new information that has come to light even since the appeal hearing. It seems absurd that a finding could be made that we are unlikely to comply with the operating regime when it has been shown that we have always complied.
Since the November 2016 decision, the DVSA has admitted to making “Genuine errors” in assessing our compliance and the DfT has agreed to hold a judge led inquiry into the conduct of the former Senior Traffic Commissioner.
Based on the DVSA admission, we should never have been called to public inquiry in the first place and we are lodging an application to stay the decision to the Court of Appeal.
The case continues….”
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/12/2017 14:59)enrag2000 Wrote:  So it looks like he has until 18th February to make arrangements for another operator to take over his services if they are worth running...

or Employ a Transport Manager
(14/12/2017 21:52)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  or Employ a Transport Manager

I'd imagine he'll transfer the routes to one of the other licences and take a step backwards to become secretary, there for bypassing the ban
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(15/12/2017 10:04)NorthernCounties Wrote:  I'd imagine he'll transfer the routes to one of the other licences and take a step backwards to become secretary, there for bypassing the ban

I am sure the TC is watching his every move .
He plays a very very clever game. Any step back from his 'front of house' role would be letting them win - in his eyes. But I'm sure he's got several ace cards up hos sleeve.
This has to go to a proper court for them to decide , that way IF he is found guilty and that point he would or could be charged with contempt of court , something that im not sure is available at PI stage for the Tc's i may be wrong.
(16/12/2017 18:13)wirralbus Wrote:  This has to go to a proper court for them to decide , that way IF he is found guilty and that point he would or could be charged with contempt of court , something that im not sure is available at PI stage for the Tc's i may be wrong.

But is he in contempt?, when it as been proven that, there has been some wrong doings by the authorities.

As we all know, the authorities are never ever wrong!
(16/12/2017 21:04)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  But is he in contempt?, when it as been proven that, there has been some wrong doings by the authorities.

As we all know, the authorities are never ever wrong!

Thats why i said IF
What is happening to catch 22 has the appeal to the high court been heard and if so what was the outcome?
Looks like Catch-22 is going to be around for a while longer if their Facebook page is anything to go by:

We have received confirmation today that Her Majesty's Court of Appeal has granted permission to appeal against a decision to revoke our operator licence and to 'stay' the revocation and disqualification orders until determination of the appeal.
The order, by Rt. Hon Lady Justice Asplin determined that "there is a real prospect of success on the appeal in relation to whether the conduct taken into account was "relevant".
Effectively, this means it is "business as usual" until the outcome of the Court of Appeal hearing.
On a related matter, a retired High Court judge has now been appointed to investigate the complaint of misconduct against the former Senior Traffic Commissioner made in March 2015 and further escalated in November 2016. His inquiry will commence on 01 February.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)