Current time: 16/04/2024, 03:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Oakwood Travel (Classic Bus North West)
RE: Oakwood Travel (Classic Bus North West)
(16/07/2017 07:27)Nicholas Wrote:  Their website is out of date. The 22 was changed from 5 June to run every 20 minutes, with the 24 withdrawn. But both the 24 and the old 22 are on show.

I photographed the 24 service In Poulton earlier today? Had an Optare Versa and an Ex-Man Airport dart running on it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/07/2017 20:51)Solo40336 Wrote:  I photographed the 24 service In Poulton earlier today? Had an Optare Versa and an Ex-Man Airport dart running on it.

Having looked again, I have made a big error and apologise. The 24 was changed, the *23* was withdrawn! I really need to stop posting when still tired!

However, the 24 timetable on the C22 website (shows every 30 mins) doesn't tally up with the reported change (increased to every 20 mins).
(19/07/2017 05:39)Nicholas Wrote:  Having looked again, I have made a big error and apologise. The 24 was changed, the *23* was withdrawn! I really need to stop posting when still tired!

However, the 24 timetable on the C22 website (shows every 30 mins) doesn't tally up with the reported change (increased to every 20 mins).

Fair enough! I don't really know there operations so wasn't aware what route there is/was. Although while tracking the specific bus I was after the 24 timetable was pretty accurate as listed on a Monday, as for the rest of the website, and without the help of Google I wouldn't have had a clue where I was looking.
Today's N&P confirms revocation of the catch22 licence following failure of the appeal.
Can we finally say that this is the end of the matter?
(13/12/2017 17:51)mikestone Wrote:  Today's N&P confirms revocation of the catch22 licence following failure of the appeal.

I thought they had gone to another appeal. I can only conclude from the N&P that this has been unsuccessful.
(13/12/2017 19:04)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I thought they had gone to another appeal. I can only conclude from the N&P that this has been unsuccessful.

He was having his licence revolved last January and appealed against the judgment of that hearing, is this appeal the result of that or yet another appeal?, he has or was using licences of Nuttall Blackpool, and also had somthing to do with Easy-rider of Darwen
Think the Easy-Rider licence was for the Manchester Open Top operation.
Quote from N & P:

Catch22bus Ltd PC1067540 - ‘A decision has been received from the Upper Tribunal following a hearing held on 5th September 2017 to consider an appeal against the decision of the Deputy Traffic Commissioner in respect of the licence held by Catch22bus Ltd (PC1067540). The appeal does not succeed and the decisions of the Deputy Traffic Commissioner to revoke the licence and disqualify Philip Higgs for 12 months from holding or obtaining a PSV operator’s licence are confirmed and they will now take effect from 0001 hours on 18th February 2018.

So it looks like he has until 18th February to make arrangements for another operator to take over his services if they are worth running...

I wonder if the TC is aware of his involvement in the EasyRider aka Manchester Bus Tours Limited (PC1111037) licence?
Looks like Lancashire County Council may have to spend their second tranche of subsidised service funding (which was due to be implamented in February) on replacing some of their services.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)