Current time: 19/04/2024, 06:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Oakwood Travel (Classic Bus North West)
RE: Oakwood Travel (Classic Bus North West)
The job vacancy for Chester has been updated. They are taking over the Heritage Tour Bus (The one Ron posted about on another thread)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Heritage Tour started yesterday with a Routemaster the driver uploaded a photo onto his own facebook

Wonder where the old london replical bus that was on the tour has now gone to? With the new tour using Routemasters
(05/07/2018 03:56)E208 WBG Wrote:  Heritage Tour started yesterday with a Routemaster the driver uploaded a photo onto his own facebook

Wonder where the old london replical bus that was on the tour has now gone to? With the new tour using Routemasters

The replica B type previously used on the Chester Tour, is now part of the Ensignbus heritage fleet,
Brick RE: Oakwood Travel (Classic Bus North West)
Seen what looked like one of their manchester sightseeing ALX400s heading up the m61 towards Preston. Didn't get close enough to see the reg
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/07/2018 03:56)E208 WBG Wrote:  Heritage Tour started yesterday with a Routemaster the driver uploaded a photo onto his own facebook

Do you mean the Chester one started in July? They submitted a registration request in July but the TC approved it effective from the 7th September: https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/523628/
(13/08/2018 16:15)knutstransport Wrote:  Do you mean the Chester one started in July? They submitted a registration request in July but the TC approved it effective from the 7th September: https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/523628/

It was seen running around a few weeks ago. I haven't seen it recently but it was definitely running a few weeks ago. I wonder if they ran it and then they realised about the registration. I will admit I don't remember seeing passengers so it could have been driver training but I did see it a few days on the run and I think I saw it twice in one day. Seems odd to have done driver training so far in advance.
(13/08/2018 19:01)iMarkeh Wrote:  It was seen running around a few weeks ago. I haven't seen it recently but it was definitely running a few weeks ago. I wonder if they ran it and then they realised about the registration. I will admit I don't remember seeing passengers so it could have been driver training but I did see it a few days on the run and I think I saw it twice in one day. Seems odd to have done driver training so far in advance.

Also seems odd to start a sightseeing route in September. The registration didn't go through as quickly as normal, I wonder if they tried to do it on Short Notice on the basis another service had ceased to operate but weren't successful.
RML 2290 on it today on a Nuttals disk and no legal lettering.
Courtesy of Catch22bus Facebook page

Statement from Catch22bus

Sir Alistair MacDuff, a retired High Court judge, has issued his final report to the Department for Transport (DfT) into a complaint against the former Senior Traffic Commissioner, Beverley Bell made by Philip Higgs, Managing Director of Catch22Bus Ltd. Its findings and recommendations will now be considered by the Department and Secretary of State for Transport.

The original complaint of misconduct was made to the DfT back in March 2015, and escalated in November 2016, citing further grounds of misconduct. The Judge commenced his investigation back in February 2018 and his initial draft report was issued at the end of June. The draft report was shared with the Traffic Commissioner under investigation and she was allowed to make further representations to the Judge on his findings and recommendations.

In a letter to our transport lawyers Backhouse Jones, Duncan Price (Divisional Manager, Freight, Operator Licensing and Roadworthiness) at the DfT informed us that “the handling of Sir Alistair’s report will be matters for the Department. This includes both any action we may decide to take in response to any recommendations he has made, what can be shared with Mr Higgs, and at what point."

“Mr Higgs may also wish to be aware that it may be necessary for the Department to undertake a further HR process prior to arriving at final decisions on any recommendations that Sir Alistair has made. I appreciate the importance of investigating your client’s complaint, but it is important that the rights of the Traffic Commissioner involved are also respected.”

The Dft were unable to say when Mr Higgs would be notified of the results of Sir Alistair's investigation.
Catch 22 Bus

http://fyldebus.blogspot.com/2018/10/catch-22-bus.html

Credit: Fylde Bus Blog.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)