Current time: 24/04/2024, 22:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Oakwood Travel (Classic Bus North West)
RE: Oakwood Travel (Classic Bus North West)
(14/04/2017 16:58)Mayneway Wrote:  One of the MEN reporters was live from the first trip today on Facebook, surprise surprise it was raining and there looked to be about 3 tourists on bored lol.
One thing she mentioned was that your not allowed to use umbrellas on the tour presumably this is because of overhead metrolink cables on parts of the tour?

Didn't two tridents get converted/painted? Is the second a spare?

The second trip had (excluding me) 3 from the Town Hall, 6 from Piccadilly Gardens and another 2 from Victoria, where left it, so not bad for a rainy first day,
All the appropriate stops had pretty clear publicity in them.
Its actually quite a good tour.
The operator is Manchester Bus Tours Ltd.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/04/2017 16:58)Mayneway Wrote:  One of the MEN reporters was live from the first trip today on Facebook, surprise surprise it was raining and there looked to be about 3 tourists on bored lol.
One thing she mentioned was that your not allowed to use umbrellas on the tour presumably this is because of overhead metrolink cables on parts of the tour?

Didn't two tridents get converted/painted? Is the second a spare?

I seem to recall there being something about the previous tour not being able to cover parts of the city because of the tram wires?
Someone once used a part open top single decker to get round the problem of the tram wires.
(14/04/2017 20:16)Dentonian Wrote:  Can you advise where exactly the stops are, particularly "Piccadilly Gardens", and what you mean by publicity "in the stops"?

Albert Square opp. Town Hall entrance
Piccadilly Gardens stop is opp Morrisions shared with 18/42 and Vantage set down.
Corporation St outside Football Museum
Vic Stn in Chapel Street
Leaflets with TT and map available on the bus.

36" publicity panels are posted in the relevant stops.
(14/04/2017 19:14)mikestone Wrote:  I seem to recall there being something about the previous tour not being able to cover parts of the city because of the tram wires?

The recorded commentary warns of Tram overwire wires as you approach them.
(14/04/2017 20:16)Dentonian Wrote:  Can you advise where exactly the stops are, particularly "Piccadilly Gardens", and what you mean by publicity "in the stops"?

Presumably he's done what he did in Blackpool and simply attached his own publicity to the relevant bus stops rather than going through official channels as I haven't seen any mention of this MT1 on the tfgm website.
(14/04/2017 20:08)robertclark125 Wrote:  Someone once used a part open top single decker to get round the problem of the tram wires.

Ashalls used a part open top leyland leopard back in the day but I don't think that lasted too long.
(14/04/2017 19:04)dca529x Wrote:  The second trip had (excluding me) 3 from the Town Hall, 6 from Piccadilly Gardens and another 2 from Victoria, where left it, so not bad for a rainy first day,
All the appropriate stops had pretty clear publicity in them.
Its actually quite a good tour.
The operator is Manchester Bus Tours Ltd.

Out of interest what were the prices of the ticket? Just wondering if it resembles good value for money?
(14/04/2017 19:04)dca529x Wrote:  The operator is Manchester Bus Tours Ltd.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07804276

Catch22bus/Oakwood Travel for sure
(14/04/2017 20:28)dca529x Wrote:  The recorded commentary warns of Tram overwire wires as you approach them.

I seem to recall going on an open top bus in Dublin over 10 years ago which had stickers everywhere in the top deck saying not to stand up while the bus was in motion due to overhead electric cables.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)