Current time: 18/04/2024, 08:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Operators based in North East Wales
RE: Operators based in North East Wales
(22/02/2021 08:21)W176 XMA Wrote:  Llew Jones have now taken over the fflecsi 40 service from Townlynx as of today, they are using a Mercedes minibus in TFW Fflecsi livery.

Yes it’s a recent acquisition from Carolone near Heathrow Airport. RF17SYC. Some photographs of the new livery is on the Llew Jones Facebook page
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/12/2020 19:26)W176 XMA Wrote:  A.N. Andrew, Mostyn - The blue Bagnalls coach has disappeared, presumably it was a loan

Townlynx, Greenfield - At least two Volvo B6/Crusaders have been stripped for parts, one of which being ex-VWM9, W181 XMA

I'm unaware with the other as all i searched for are SORN & not Untaxed, some of them must be parked elsewhere or scrapped with the DVLA not removing SORN off it. I havent seen crusaders since the T1 was withdrawn.
(24/02/2021 18:29)BenWilks88 Wrote:  I'm unaware with the other as all i searched for are SORN & not Untaxed, some of them must be parked elsewhere or scrapped with the DVLA not removing SORN off it. I havent seen crusaders since the T1 was withdrawn.

W173 XMA and W176 XMA have been scrapped for a while, I'm led to believe most of the others are in the back row at the depot however I don't know for sure as they aren't visible from the front.

Some of them stayed in service after the T1 finished I believe Y72 YSO was the last one in service but I may be wrong.
I've been on looks for vehicles for P&O Lloyd on websites and X539 NWT, Optare Solo isn't showing on the DVLA or DVSA, But it does show on Quack77 in use, any reasons why?
(07/04/2021 18:45)BenWilks88 Wrote:  I've been on looks for vehicles for P&O Lloyd on websites and X539 NWT, Optare Solo isn't showing on the DVLA or DVSA, But it does show on Quack77 in use, any reasons why?

The last image I could find of it was taken in 2014. The bus has either went to another operator and been reregistered thus making the DVLA state 'Vehicle details could not be found' or it has been scrapped, and the DVLA have recently wiped the information of the bus from the system.
(07/04/2021 19:28)NathanR Wrote:  The last image I could find of it was taken in 2014. The bus has either went to another operator and been reregistered thus making the DVLA state 'Vehicle details could not be found' or it has been scrapped, and the DVLA have recently wiped the information of the bus from the system.

Who knows, but it cant have been removed from the DVLA if scrapped because loads of scrapped buses are still shown on the DVLA, including Polloyds shuttle bus YJ06 FYW the one that was involved in a fire in 2018.
(07/04/2021 20:31)BenWilks88 Wrote:  Who knows, but it cant have been removed from the DVLA if scrapped because loads of scrapped buses are still shown on the DVLA, including Polloyds shuttle bus YJ06 FYW the one that was involved in a fire in 2018.

Some vehicles appear some don’t my old Fiesta I scrapped in 2017 doesn’t show up on the DVLA anymore
(07/04/2021 18:45)BenWilks88 Wrote:  I've been on looks for vehicles for P&O Lloyd on websites and X539 NWT, Optare Solo isn't showing on the DVLA or DVSA, But it does show on Quack77 in use, any reasons why?

That's curious, apparently I added it in August 2019, and am pretty sure I wouldn't have done so without some evidence that it had been active more recently than 2014, though I can't currently find any. With it being X-registered, I would certainly have checked it on DVLA, so can only assume it was still listed and taxed then.

It is rare for buses to disappear from DVLA when scrapped - I think there's a difference in the law, in that while it's mandatory to report scrappage of a car or light van to DVLA, I don't believe that was ever extended to heavier vehicles. But one thing that I have noticed is that scrapped vehicles do not get removed from Cazana - the last 4 cars I scrapped are all still on there despite having gone from DVLA - and X539 NWT has gone from that site too. This suggests to me that a re-registration is the more likely explanation.

I'll set both current registration and owner to unknown for this one.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

As reported by me on 11th March on the 'Latest News' within my website - X539NWT the first Solo purchased new by the company back in September 2000 has been sold to Ellenvale Coach Company, Wigton, Cumbria

One of the common reasons for the DVLA to show no trace of a vehicle is when it has been re-registered. My educated guess here is that the new owners have given it a 'cherished registration plate'.

In addition to showing the current fleets for operators in North East Wales (as best I can) - also on my website is a historic fleetlist associated with each operator which should show when vehicles left and to whom.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
(08/04/2021 08:32)DLG817 Wrote:  As reported by me on 11th March on the 'Latest News' within my website - X539NWT the first Solo purchased new by the company back in September 2000 has been sold to Ellenvale Coach Company, Wigton, Cumbria

One of the common reasons for the DVLA to show no trace of a vehicle is when it has been re-registered. My educated guess here is that the new owners have given it a 'cherished registration plate'.

In addition to showing the current fleets for operators in North East Wales (as best I can) - also on my website is a historic fleetlist associated with each operator which should show when vehicles left and to whom.

Ah ok, I might try ask Ellenvale about it if it has been re-registered.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)