Current time: 19/04/2024, 13:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Operators based in North East Wales
RE: Operators based in North East Wales
N E Wales News 9th March 2020

Pats Coaches, Southsea, Wrexham.
PC20PAT the new Temsa MD9 Executive Coach (C34Ft) arrived last Tuesday and saw service immediately the following day. It is currently used regularly on the Reaseheath College run. It has been given partial vinyls - with the twirls still to be added - <PHOTO PC20PAT>
S888STS (Mercedes Benz Atego 1018L / UNVI Cimo) has gone to Arriva Bus and Coach in part exchange for the new Temsa.
Also leaving the fleet is R10ARE Scania L94IB / Van Hool T9 Alizee. It regained its original registration number R351LPR on leaving. It came to Pats in August 2014 from Oares Coaches. It has gone to AH Sleepers Ltd., Yaxley, Peterborough.

Voel Coaches, Dyserth, Rhyl

The recently arrived Volvo B12B / Plaxton Panther YN10AAY has been re-registered to 7488VC.
The three withdrawn Volvo B10M-61 / Van Hool T8 Alizees F168RJF, F674TFH and A605GAP have all now left Voel to a scrap merchant in Wigan. The 4th - A604GAP - has now been withdrawn and is expected to leave soon.

easyCoach - The Skiers Lodge Limited - TSL (Wales) Limited - Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Limited - Andrew MARTIN
Following the demise of the easyBus and easyCoach operations in the Wrexham and Shrewsbury area the Traffic Commissioner for Wales held a Public Inquiry in October 2018. The result of this Inquiry was revocation of the licences and Andrew Martin the person behind the firm was disqualified for a certain period from holding or applying for an operators licence or being a Transport Manager. An appeal was made by Andrew Martin and the companies concerned against this decision. This Appeal was heard in June 2019 and whilst the period of the disqualification was varied for a technical reason the significant elements of the Traffic Commissioner's decision was upheld and the appeal dismissed. The full details of the decision of the Upper Tribunal can be read at <LINK> . This document does give a very good summary of this very unhappy saga.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I have placed on my Website a detailed list of service changes I have identified within my area of N E Wales - it can be found <HERE>

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
I have placed another news update mainly relating to operators taking vehicles off the road and further timetable changes in N E Wales - <LINK>

For those that may wish to receive an email when I update my website (with a news bulletin etc) please leave a comment with your email address in my contacts page on the website.

DLG817
Tanat Valley have cancelled the Oswestry town service from August.
(05/06/2020 18:50)mikestone Wrote:  Tanat Valley have cancelled the Oswestry town service from August.
The suspension from the COVID-19 situation was the final straw it has been suggested locally, the missing 401 may see a tender for the 400 to cover it, covered by Shropshire Council, if so Arriva may expand coverage as they already have early AM and afternoon runs on it.

More changes are afoot at Tanat Valley and probably not the last route to see changes substantial changes. There is a new livery on the cards too, all probable from the new direction of the new blood in the company.
N E Wales News 21st July 2020

New fflecsi Services Denbigh and Prestatyn
From 3rd August the current 66 Denbigh and Henllan route together with the 40 Prestatyn Town route will convert to a new type of bus service named fflecsi. This new provision will "pick you up and drop you off in the service area and not just at a bus stop. A bus picks you up at your request, changing its route so that all passengers can get to where they need to go." For each of the two areas in Denbighshire there is a defined zone where the bus will operate and bookings are made using either an 'APP' or by calling a 'call centre'. Users will be told at what time to expect the bus and where to catch it. This can be a convenient point near to where you are and may not be at a bus stop. If you’re using the app, it will show you where your pick-up point is. If you call to book, the adviser will explain where their pick-up point is.

More information including the map, times of operation and fares can be found on the following website pages - Denbigh - <<LINK to ffflecsi Denbigh>> and Prestatyn <<LINK to ffflecsi Prestatyn>> There is also a FAQ.

The existing firms operating the 66 and 40 routes will provide the new bus service. It is believed that M and H will utilise a Solo and Townlynx a Dart.

Fleet News - Pats Coaches
Two coaches have recently been sold. K7WXM (Volvo B12M / Jonckheere Mistral) has been told to WMS Recruitment, Wisbech Cambridgeshire (it has retained its personal plate). OOC884 (Scania K114EB6 / Irizar) is to be exported to South Africa.

Website - RonsBusesandCoaches.com

I am grateful for all the feedback I am receiving relating to the changes I have made to my website concerning the addition of over a dozen additional ceased operators together with a major section on Crosville.

If anyone would like to be added to the email group that receives notifications of when changes are made to the website or news is added - please leave your details on my contact page.

DLG817
Noticed a blue Vanhool in the AN Andrews yard on the way home from work tonight, think it said BAGNALLS on the side but might be mistaken.
D Jones and Son, Acrefair
This firm suddenly ceased trading in December 2017. It has taken nearly three years for the fleet of some 24 vehicles to be sold, The last three vehicles to leave are :-
YX05AVK (Mercedes-Benz Vario O814D / Autobus Classique has been sold to an individual who is converting the coach to a motor home and
AE07DZB and AE07DZC ADL Dart SLF / MCV eVoluTion have been sold to Red Rose Travel Aylesbury. One of these was seen travelling down the A5 towards Shrewsbury on 25th November.
A history of this operator and the details of the fleet can be found within my <<RonsBusesandCoaches.com>>
The yard and depot are currently in the hands of an estate agent (Town and Country) who appears to be selling the property by means of an auction at some stage in the future.
The partner Gary Jones of this business has been running a business called Signature Executive Travel <<WEBSITE>> and he uses a luxury Mercedes Viano Executive Vehicle OY13TZB

DLG817
A.N. Andrew, Mostyn - The blue Bagnalls coach has disappeared, presumably it was a loan

Townlynx, Greenfield - At least two Volvo B6/Crusaders have been stripped for parts, one of which being ex-VWM9, W181 XMA
Llew Jones have now taken over the fflecsi 40 service from Townlynx as of today, they are using a Mercedes minibus in TFW Fflecsi livery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)