Current time: 20/04/2024, 12:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Operators based in North East Wales
RE: Operators based in North East Wales
Pats Coaches, Southsea, Wrexham
Recent purchases are SSV269 (YS03ZHZ) and 403BGO (YN03DDK) both are Scania K114IB4 / Irizar – C55F and were new to Mayne of Warrington. 403BGO has been sold to Strafford and SSV269 is currently advertised for sale. <PHOTO SSV269>

Strafford's Coaches, Minera, Wrexham
The ex Mayne of Warrington Scania K114IB4 / Irizar – C55F 403BGO (YN03DDK) that was purchased through Pats Coaches has now been given Strafford's standard white based livery with appropriate stars. The coach is named 'Frank'. It has replaced A14PSV (Y676HKU) MAN 13.220 / Berkhof Axial which has been exported to William Barrett Coaches, Bangor-Erris, Co. Mayo Ireland.

Voel Coaches, Dyserth, Rhyl

In July 1982 the company purchased from Hollis, Queensferry JC9736 a Guy Wolf with Barnard B21F bodywork. It was new in May 1949 to Llandudno UDC operating tours such as those to the Great Orme. It is understood that it was intended to be used in Rhyl as at the time the company had purchased the business of Rhyl United from Peter Evans. However it was not used very much by Voel although they did paint it into their livery. It went on loan to Tacia Taid (the Anglesey Transport Museum at Newborough) for some 7 years returning in 2014 to be stored by Voel. However it has now been sold to Clive Myers a renowned preservationist and it will join his fleet of mainly ex Crosville vehicles after it receives some TLC and is returned into the splendid Llandudno UDC livery. <PHOTO JC9736>

Townlynx, Greenfield, Holywell
It was reported recently that all the former Irish Volvo / Wright single deckers have been withdrawn. However Y72YSO has been re licensed and saw use on the 6 Pantymwyn service recently due to the failure of the two remaining Darts. SV55FJP Volvo B7R / Plaxton Profile has now been given the green livery and is expected to see use in September.

D Jones and Son, Acrefair
Some 19 months following the cessation of services the firm still have the following vehicles which remain to be sold. AE07DZB/C ADL Darts SLF / MCV, DK07NPY Optare Solo M950, YJ13HJO Optare V1170 Versa and YX05AVK Mercedes-Benz Vario O814D / Autobus Classique. <PHOTO DJS>

EasyCoach / Wrexham Bus Station
The company that traded as easyCoach The Skiers Lodge Limited also won the contract to operate the enquiry office within the King Street Bus Station in Wrexham. This work continued after the cessation of services by easyCoach. However in February 2019 the company name that was carrying out the contract was changed from The Skiers Lodge Limited to Transervis Limited and on 11th July notice was recorded in Companies House that the Company was to be wound up and a statement of the company’s debts was posted which included £53,000 owed to HMRC. On Thursday 1st August the Enquiry Office closed and there is no indication if there will be a new provider of the service or whether the Council will again operate the enquiry office themselves. <PHOTO KING St>
Most of the fleet at Rhosymedre appears to have been sold or returned to creditors. The only vehicles seen recently at the premises are two Solos LXZ5465 [YA02YRS] and LXZ6238 [YJ06YSE] and a coach not displaying plates but believed to be M59PAG. CB54BUS the VDL SB120 / Wright Cadet which is understood to have been purchased by Davies Motors of Ruthin was on Monday 5th August being operated by Llew Jones on their park and ride service during the National Eisteddfod at Llanrwst.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
CB54BUS was not operating on Monday but was parked up at the Llew Jones Depot In Llanrwst
Townlynx, Greenfield, Holywell
It was reported recently that all the former Irish Volvo / Wright single deckers have been withdrawn. However Y72YSO has been re licensed and saw use on the 6 Pantymwyn service recently due to the failure of the two remaining Darts. SV55FJP Volvo B7R / Plaxton Profile has now been given the green livery and is expected to see use in September.

Glad to hear Y72 is back, is this just temporary cover or a permanent thing?
I'm suprised halton haven't bought the mcv' s from D JONES & SONS.
(06/08/2019 16:05)motormayhem1 Wrote:  I'm suprised halton haven't bought the mcv' s from D JONES & SONS.

Or Cumfy the Optares!
Since Halton's recent purchases have been Enviro200s why would you think they'd go back to MCV?
(06/08/2019 21:15)mikestone Wrote:  Since Halton's recent purchases have been Enviro200s why would you think they'd go back to MCV?

Halton have acquired MCVs (20-23) more recently than Enviro200s (71-75). It's not unreasonable to suppose that they might consider obtaining more.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/08/2019 14:57)Nwales Bus Wrote:  CB54BUS was not operating on Monday but was parked up at the Llew Jones Depot In Llanrwst

I take great care to ensure that my reports are accurate. I have re-checked ths information and can confirm the accuracy of my initial report. I can add that during the morning CB54BUS was replaced and did return to the depot but this does not negate that it was originally operating.

Perhaps it may be advisable for contributors before making assertions that suggest someone has given false infromation to ensure the accuracy of such bold statements.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
(06/08/2019 22:42)Quackdave Wrote:  Halton have acquired MCVs (20-23) more recently than Enviro200s (71-75). It's not unreasonable to suppose that they might consider obtaining more.

I'd overlooked those.
The 'security' staff still in the room behind the enquiry office at Wrexham. Arriva timetables and Valentines available from the tourist office, but obviously its too hard to provide a timetable rack in the Council office over the road from the bus station or provide TrawsCymru leaflets to the TIC.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)