Current time: 24/04/2024, 03:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lancashire Triangle Electrification
RE: Lancashire Triangle Electrification
There are masts up between Huyton Jn and St Helens Ctl. Still a few gaps though. A few concrete bases have appeared around Olive Mount too.

SD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/09/2013 10:43)Sprinterdriver Wrote:  There is also a gap from Astley towards Newton le Willows.

SD.

I went under the bridge at Glazebury last weekend, and I'm sure I never saw the wires up there.
Where's Glazebury?

SD.
Glazebury is not on a line to be electrified at the moment , in the fullness of time this line will be electrified .

The line from Liverpool South Parkway via Warrington to Manchester will once again become the poor relation again soon.
(13/09/2013 11:17)wirralbus Wrote:  The line from Liverpool South Parkway via Warrington to Manchester will once again become the poor relation again soon.

I think Chat Moss is only getting back what it lost in the late 80's when the Windsor Link opened and all North West - North East expresses were diverted via Warrington.
Glazebury is the area around Clucheth Farm.
(13/09/2013 11:17)wirralbus Wrote:  Glazebury is not on a line to be electrified at the moment , in the fullness of time this line will be electrified .

The line from Liverpool South Parkway via Warrington to Manchester will once again become the poor relation again soon.

Glazebury is on the Chat Moss line between Lowton and Astley! (I think you're getting confused with Glazebrook, which isn't too far away, but on the CLC line)
What has been the killer blow to Transpennine is the need for more paths into the main part of Piccadilly station which the liverpool - Scarborough service prevents by crossing the station throat twice every hour .

Wasnt there plans at one time to have the lines between Piccadilly and Stockport grouped by speed rather than direction , with as you look from Piccadilly the left hand lines the fast lines , the right hand lines the slow lines with the connection onto the Manchester Airport and Styal Lines from this . I'm not sure if this has been put to bed though.
Thanks. There are a few gaps near Astley, all looks complete around Culcheth Farm.

SD.

(13/09/2013 13:54)507022 Wrote:  
(13/09/2013 11:17)wirralbus Wrote:  Glazebury is not on a line to be electrified at the moment , in the fullness of time this line will be electrified .

Glazebury is on the Chat Moss line between Lowton and Astley! (I think you're getting confused with Glazebrook, which isn't too far away, but on the CLC line)
Thanks. There are a few gaps near Astley, all looks complete around Culcheth Farm.

SD.

(13/09/2013 13:54)507022 Wrote:  

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)