Current time: 20/04/2024, 14:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
(29/10/2018 22:18)DLG817 Wrote:  I had a look at the X4 workings today. I set out below my observations:-
2. The 4 / X4 is mainly worked by Sapphire Double deckers previously branded and working the 10 / 10a. These vehicles have been cleverly de-branded by the application of an advert on each side of the buses stating 'Ho-Ho-Hop on the X4 to get to Cheshire Oaks – Service X4 is now extended to get you to Cheshire Oaks and Ellesmere Port'.

4. The vehicles destinations have been re-programmed but I would suggest that there are some issues. One vehicle left Mold displaying Chester Railway Station via Cheshire Oaks. <Photo 3141 leaving Mold> Other vehicles showed the correct intended destination. From Mold this stated Ellesmere Port via Cheshire Oaks <PHOTO> and from Ellesmere Port this was Mold via Cheshire Oaks <PHOTO> which alternated with Yr Wyddgrug via Cheshire Oaks. At no time did the buses indicate Chester. This must be an issue for intending passengers both on the run into Chester from Mold but mainly on the journey from Ellesmere Port. Intending passengers not aware of the new service are bound to confuse the service with the former SP1/2 now 5 which operated direct from Ellesmere Port to Mold. I observed that at many bus stops on the run back to Chester from the Port were possible passengers who did not indicate for the bus to stop. They either were intent on travelling by Stagecoach or they were not aware that the bus was en route to Chester.

5. Available on the buses were new leaflets detailing the 4 and X4 service.

2. The X4 has been a right mix of buses today. I have seen pictures of Enviro 400s, pulsars, cadets. It's funny that they have made the 4/X4 sapphire but they don't have enough Sapphire buses to cover the route. They should really try and split the 4 and X4 then the X4 can be Sapphire but the 4 can remain pulsars as it was.

4.Those destinations are very confusing. I think they need to change the dests to Chester, connect for Mold as the way they are now suggests it is a quick bus to Mold when infact it takes 30 minutes longer.

5. Very good of them to do leaflets. Arriva seem to be getting better with branding now. Good that they are done for individual services as well. Saves carrying round a big book with lots of useless timetables in it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - iMarkeh - 30/10/2018 03:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)