Current time: 19/04/2024, 18:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
(10/09/2018 16:23)knutstransport Wrote:  Don't Arriva only use one decker on the 82 currently? I'm sure any operator can get hold of one decker if needed but maybe they could add in an extra journey here and there to eliminate the need for a decker.

Not sure about your analysis of Howards. The 200 contract was withdrawn and the 27, 88 and 289 were merged in to a single contract and D&G (who had been running the 88) offered the lowest price for running it and apparently that was the only contract Howards bid on.
Arriva do use 1 decker. I suppose you could use 2 buses but that would up the tender cost quite a bit (given D&G Wincham don't have any between school routes)

I get your point about Howards but generally, they are after more for their buses. Howards don't have many services. If they went in low for tenders, they would have a lot of routes. Look at Stagecoach, D&G and MCT compared to Howards and Arriva. The number of tendered routes is very different. The more you want for routes, the less you win.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - iMarkeh - 10/09/2018 17:58

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)