Current time: 19/04/2024, 21:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
(09/07/2018 06:47)EDB325 Wrote:  The new interchange is a complete "Fred Karno's" in my opinion. The Park & Ride services shouldn't use it at the expense of other services. It's an INTERCHANGE, where you SHOULD be able to get off one service and seamlessly board another. Park & Ride doesn't fit that pattern, but buses to and from Wrexham and Crewe most certainly do - yet they go from the railway station and/or Foregate Street.

A lot of money spent, an opportunity rather wasted.

It is something in the region of 45p per departure. Just asking NX to take their layovers on Delamere Street would make another £8 odd per day (doesn't sound a lot but it all adds up).

I have sent in about 3 stand lists which make more sense. Link services better, give exclusive stands where they are needed, make things less crowded. I was lucky to get a thanks. X4 and 4 have 6-9 minutes stand time and are regularly late (with the delay varying a lot. Sometimes one or two mins to 15 mins) so really the 4 and X4 need their own stand. There is no space.

The original bus station proposal was better. Drive in, reverse out with about 3 'in line' stops on Gorse Stacks. Ability for Park and rides and city rails to drive in and out while giving lots of space for normal routes to run. The current layout is blocking the bus station. God forbid these services go on the inside. Blacon 1A on stand and a 15 on the curve. The 11 parks right on the curve as well but in the middle (if that makes sense). Bus station can be blocked for 5 mins easily at times.

A proposal that I have given may a time is fines like Merseytravel. They would make about 3 grand in the first week. Stand blocking, picking up on wrong stand, blocking the bus station with how some people park in the middle. Then you have the information people who know less about buses than the person who is originally asking. Worked there almost a year and still have to look for what bus goes where yet the bus enthusiast which spots there and knows all about the buses has been told he isn't allowed to help people. He must direct people to the clueless staff.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - iMarkeh - 09/07/2018 07:44

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)