Current time: 23/04/2024, 06:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
(18/03/2018 21:19)chester285 Wrote:  Do you mean disappearing along this corridor or from Chester in general?

I mean depot disappear. 3 is on it's way out. 12s being shrunk to Broughton (sounds like the 21 story of shrink the route so less people use it then there is an excuse to drop it).

4 & X4 can be ran from Wrexham if there is space (Mold and Chester are 20 mins away from Wrexham so about 10 longer than Chester depot).
82s can move to winsford (they used to run one of the 82 duties so they can run the service).

Just blacons and 10s to look at.
10A is useless as it is only 10 mins quicker than the 11.
Saughall and Blacon could be given up as I get the impression that is what is keeping Chester depot where it is. Without Blacons and Saughalls, I think a depot move would have happened by now.
10s are half empty whenever I see them so can't make much. If need be could be ran by Wrexham but from engineering point of view, it might be difficult if a bus breaks.

Let's face it, Arriva don't have much left in Chester anymore. The 'money making' routes are those ran by other depots. 84, 11, X30 all do well. Arriva have no hope in winning tenders anymore as they want too much for them. As for their routes, Stagecoach have most the passengers. Route 9 for example £1 Connahs Quay to Chester. Arriva couldn't compete with that. (I think the £1 was tender spec so not Stagecoach' fault but the point is it will take people off the 10s). Though the route is less often, for saving £3.50, I would plan my day around it the 9 as would most people.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot - iMarkeh - 18/03/2018 23:41

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)