Current time: 18/04/2024, 04:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Red Kite (St Helens)
RE: Red Kite (St Helens)
Which operators have picked up the former Red Kite contracts out of interest?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/01/2018 06:47)M60lad Wrote:  Which operators have picked up the former Red Kite contracts out of interest?

Saw a Hattons Dennis Dart in Maghull Station yesterday evening dropping school kids off around the same time as the Red Kite bus would normally be there.
(09/01/2018 06:47)M60lad Wrote:  Which operators have picked up the former Red Kite contracts out of interest?
From what I've been told, Stagecoach and Hatton's appear to be the main beneficiaries.
I
Apparently it was a part of Mtravel contracts now that all school buses must be euro 4. True or not idk but that is what i am told. RedLite have kept all in house contracts like Winstanley.
(09/01/2018 09:26)iMarkeh Wrote:  Apparently it was a part of Mtravel contracts now that all school buses must be euro 4. True or not idk but that is what i am told. RedLite have kept all in house contracts like Winstanley.

Total rubbish lot of operators use Buses older than Euro 4 on schools in Merseyside

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Does this mean that some of the fleet will be sold off seeing that only really Winstanley College has a proper contract with RedKite and the emissions rumour isn’t true as I’ve seen an old B10s on school duties in Huyton the other week and I think saw RedKites B10M the other day too as they would have been already withdrawn if the emissions were true
(09/01/2018 22:28)darylyates17 Wrote:  Does this mean that some of the fleet will be sold off seeing that only really Winstanley College has a proper contract with RedKite and the emissions rumour isn’t true as I’ve seen an old B10s on school duties in Huyton the other week and I think saw RedKites B10M the other day too as they would have been already withdrawn if the emissions were true

I was told the emissions rule is as of this the start of the year. Obviously 8th Jan was the first school day back so that is when it would have been noticed. I do know there was a tender out the other week possibly just over a month ago on the ProContract site but it gave no ITTs.
We were told that RedKite had handed the work back themselves so I would be surprised if it were down to that.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
RED KITE
What happened to OX04BZP, it was reported as having an accident, didn't notice it in the yard on Tuesday, has it been sold?

Mod edit - Post merged into main Red Kite thread! buses7675
Has anyone got a fleet list for Red Kite, Im curious as Ive passed the depot a lot lately

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)