Current time: 25/04/2024, 17:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
(07/12/2015 17:41)RedPanda Wrote:  To be honest I thought a commander was exactly the same length as a cadet. I've never studied the seating arrangement until before. If a number of the cadets did move in exhange for the pulsars, where would the cadets go to?

The Cadet and Commander are on two different chassis. The Cadet is on the shorter VDL SB120CS whilst the Commander, Pulsar and Pulsar 2 are all on the longer VDL SB200CS

(07/12/2015 18:01)MX12 KVM Wrote:  I would take a complete guess and say maybe St Helens, Southport, Bangor or Wrexham. Not many depots has darts left in service now, which means not many depots need dart replacements. However those cadets at Runcorn do need replacing as they are too unreliable and too uncapable for what they are used on such as the 79C, 82A, 110 as well as the X1 and X30 from time to time which need better capacity than the cadets have.

I think it would be a very poor and unpopular move to replace Volvo B10BLEs with smaller Wright Cadets. At least if Pulsars from Green Lane replaced the Renowns at St Helens and/or Southport the seating capacity of the two types is exactly the same and there wouldn't be any reduction in capacity - whereas Cadets have five less seats and less standing room than both Renowns and Pulsars. Pulsars would be far more suited to a route like the 300 than Cadets which would be far too small
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wigan Coachways - T42 PVM - 30/03/2015, 12:37
RE: Wigan Coachways - T42 PVM - 01/04/2015, 11:02
RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - SK15 GZG - 07/12/2015 20:15

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)