Current time: 19/04/2024, 05:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
(28/01/2015 17:41)Barney Wrote:  I would agree with that view. Although a standardised fleet may make it easier to operate, it can be a bit tedious for the enthusiast. Also, the loss of the new(ish) Pulsars to other areas needs to be seen in the bigger picture. I have just looked at an Arriva NW fleet list and apparently 3107-3135 Pulsars were never intended for Merseyside and were diverted from TGM in 2012. No doubt that annoyed the expectant recipients at the time.

As much as us enthusiasts like variety a standardised fleet is a lot more economical to operate - Green Lane presently has different five chassis types in service although in the next 12 months or so it could possibly be only two chassis types (VDL SB200CS and Alexander Dennis Enviro40D) depending on what vehicles replace the Myllenniums and Renowns. I don't think any depot in Arriva North West has ever had only two chassis types in service

I think they're down as ex TGM because that batch of Pulsars went to London to be used at the Olympics before arriving on Merseyside
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot - SK15 GZG - 28/01/2015 17:48
RE: Wigan Coachways - T42 PVM - 30/03/2015, 12:37
RE: Wigan Coachways - T42 PVM - 01/04/2015, 11:02

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)