Current time: 23/04/2024, 07:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
Unusually, there were 5 Dart's on the 6/7 in the form of 2202, 2310, 7612, 7613 and 7664 (and before someone contradicts me, there's usually 6 Renown's and 2 Dart's on there.) No Commander's on the 14 again, with 2574 on the 10B, 2575 and 2576 on the 18 (the former booked off around midday for 2720, another unusual sighting) and 2577 on the 12/13 (this booked off 7657 which was later on the 26/27.) A few shocking allocations today in the form of 7668 on the 18 and 7670 on the 10B. In their place, 2956 and 3030 were on the 8!

The 8/9 were up the wall today, both the 14:20 and 14:40 ex Queen Square were no shows. I gave up in the end and got the 7, but I soon found out that no less than THREE 8's left Huyton together at some point. Shocking, for a 20 minute frequency.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Green Lane had 2402 on 10B this afternoon which I had the pleasure of riding, this is quite a nice bus to sit on but has quite a bad vibration when idle that really lets it down.
Just had the pleasure of 2415 on the 7 home, this is a nice bus and is fairly solid. Only criticism is there are a few loose windows, which actually have large gaps in them. All in all, a lot better than the majority of Marshall Dart's. Also had the pleasure of 7619 this morning, that is a nice bus with a cracking engine and good turn of speed. But it is left down badly by it's rattly body.

Quick question, does anyone know when Green Lane are due to get the 68? My guess would be today, but clearly not as it would have been reported!

(18/06/2012 14:50)V671 DVU Wrote:  Quick question, does anyone know when Green Lane are due to get the 68? My guess would be today, but clearly not as it would have been reported!
Next month sometime, apparently! I thought that it might have been yesterday myself (starting today) too, however with the ex-Liverline facility still in slight use at the moment, maybe that's why not.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Cheers, much appreciated. Smile Maybe they're waiting for the roadworks on Prescot Road to end, so they can train up the drivers on the route properly?

(18/06/2012 14:57)V671 DVU Wrote:  Cheers, much appreciated. Smile Maybe they're waiting for the roadworks on Prescot Road to end, so they can train up the drivers on the route properly?
Well, I don't think that's why not. Some of Bootle's drivers who'll transfer to Green Lane with the 68 will probably just operate on the service for the first few weeks/months, like when Bootle received some of Skelmersdale's operations (it was solely ex-Skelmersdale drivers for the first month or two). Then when it's settled in, Green Lane will probably incorporate the duties into anything that they see viable, like Bootle now with the 345/350 and normal services!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
After an absence of a week or two, 2644 was back out on it's haunt of the 8/9 today.

Also, 7631 appeared to be suffering problems when I rode it earlier. Alarms were coming from the cab, I assume it was to do with the buses air as the driver was revving it in idle to build up the air tanks. It did stop the alarm, much to my delight! Also, with 2407 burning out this morning I wonder what/if Arriva will bring in to replace it.

Probably an R-ABA or that 2110 that Southport has finished with recently.
Oh that's just what I want, more Drat's!

There isn't much else you can get for now, Darts are the only thing in abundance that are spare!

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)