Current time: 28/03/2024, 13:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
(03/05/2016 00:43)SLTRegular Wrote:  Off topic but a reply to T42. Arriva have Massacred most of their operations into Greater Manchester especially @ Bolton makes you wonder if a sale of those operations would be on the cards as they are so out of the way and the Arriva Greater Manchester day ticket or whatever they call it this week is such poor value for money compared to a System 1.

i can see Stagecoach Transdev or even Diamond as suiters for Bolton or Manchester

I thought exactly the same and you could even look at Diamond buying Wythenshawe if Arriva went ahead at Bolton.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Ive always said JPT,BLUEBIRD and SLT would of been ideal buys for arriva to expand into manchester and would of made there day tickets better value and would allow connections into manchester.
Find all posts by this user
I think everything really hinges on this Buses Bill when it comes about , this could be the only reason Bolton and Wythenshawe are being held onto for so long
(03/05/2016 11:54)wirralbus Wrote:  I think everything really hinges on this Buses Bill when it comes about , this could be the only reason Bolton and Wythenshawe are being held onto for so long

I know I've been criticised by a few members for looking too far into the future but would it be possible for Arriva to sell the routes, sell Wythenshawe depot, possibly sell Bolton (I think I read that they rent Bolton) and loan the buses to both depots until new buses are drafted in from elsewhere. Think of it being similar to Skem depot closing although I don't know who bought.

What I'm saying is rather than Arriva NW buy brand new buses, cascade Wythenshawe and Bolton buses replacing the X and Y reg stock.
(03/05/2016 13:09)RedPanda Wrote:  I know I've been criticised by a few members for looking too far into the future but would it be possible for Arriva to sell the routes, sell Wythenshawe depot, possibly sell Bolton (I think I read that they rent Bolton) and loan the buses to both depots until new buses are drafted in from elsewhere. Think of it being similar to Skem depot closing although I don't know who bought.

What I'm saying is rather than Arriva NW buy brand new buses, cascade Wythenshawe and Bolton buses replacing the X and Y reg stock.

What I am saying is dependant on what the rules are going to be after the Buses Bill has eventually gone through parliament these two locations maybe better placed in the swing of things than they are at present .

It could also be said that the Buses Bill could have implications for all Arriva Depots .
(03/05/2016 13:27)wirralbus Wrote:  What I am saying is dependant on what the rules are going to be after the Buses Bill has eventually gone through parliament these two locations maybe better placed in the swing of things than they are at present .

It could also be said that the Buses Bill could have implications for all Arriva Depots .

Makes all the more sense to sell Bolton and Wythenshawe depots and loan the buses until whoever takes over gets some stock together. Arriva then cascading stock making the overall bill much cheaper in the short term.

But that's only if they were to sell up
(03/05/2016 15:21)RedPanda Wrote:  Makes all the more sense to sell Bolton and Wythenshawe depots and loan the buses until whoever takes over gets some stock together. Arriva then cascading stock making the overall bill much cheaper in the short term.

But that's only if they were to sell up
Very, very speculative and probably not best to go into any further given implications it could have - it's not criticising you for looking too far into the future, it's recognising that it's how rumours start and issues get caused for those concerned.

As an aside though, Skem depot was closed and routes which were feasible moved to other depots along with the vehicles - the routes and business weren't sold on. It's now (or was last I heard) a storage yard/depot for a haulage firm.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Please feel free to continue the discussion in other suitable threads, but as far as the Green Lane thread goes, can we now please return to the subject at hand. Thanks.
Either the drivers of the 12/13 have forgotten that they call at L1 on a Sunday or two journeys have been missed out.

EDIT: 3163 has just turned up on the 12, so there must have been a failure somewhere along the line.
2954 was involved in an RTC on Great Homer Street this morning. Fortunately there were no serious injuries

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)