Current time: 19/04/2024, 06:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Green Lane Depot
From 30th August 10B will be every 12 minutes on a Saturday and every 15 minutes Sunday daytime.
Route 68 will be renumbered 68A during Monday to Friday peaks, and all day Saturdays with additional running time all Mon-Sats.
6 will have additional running time and the 7 will be unchanged except for the last 2 journeys from Warrington/Huyton are withdrawn.
8/9 reduced to every 30 minutes Mon-Sat but with additional running time.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/08/2015 10:44)mr t Wrote:  6 will have additional running time and the 7 will be unchanged except for the last 2 journeys from Warrington/Huyton are withdrawn.

Sounds like the 7E will no longer exist after that date.
(04/08/2015 10:44)mr t Wrote:  8/9 reduced to every 30 minutes Mon-Sat but with additional running time.

From the timetables, it looks like the 8 and 9 will interwork, with 11 minutes' layover at Queen Square.
It would have been nice to have the 8's depart at say 26 and 56 and have the 9's depart at 11 and 41 so that the layover time could be evened out between the 6's, 7's, 8's and 9's by making them interwork in the sequence 6 → 9 → 7 → 8 → ... though of course I don't know enough about Arriva's operations to know if this would be feasible.
Would not work when Pulsars go on the 7 due to it going Warrington and the 8/9 gets the older stock (mylleniums these days)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2474 is on the 12 today
Mylleniums also seem to becoming regular on the 26/27 Services these days as well

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(08/08/2015 00:56)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Mylleniums also seem to becoming regular on the 26/27 Services these days as well

Hopefully not for much longer.
Now that GL has got new deckers, they'll come in very handy for the new football season.

I remember a few years ago, riding 6585 (N585 CKA) one of the last B10B/Endurances on the 26. Loads of LFC fans got on at Liverpool ONE, despite the driver telling them he was already overloaded.

There must've been 80-odd people on that bus, but the growling old B10B just got on with it, despite terribly sluggish acceleration.
I'm just glad they all got off at Anfield!

If any route needs the new deckers, the 26/27 is it!Wink
(08/08/2015 14:59)mathias Wrote:  Hopefully not for much longer.
Now that GL has got new deckers, they'll come in very handy for the new football season.

I remember a few years ago, riding 6585 (N585 CKA) one of the last B10B/Endurances on the 26. Loads of LFC fans got on at Liverpool ONE, despite the driver telling them he was already overloaded.

There must've been 80-odd people on that bus, but the growling old B10B just got on with it, despite terribly sluggish acceleration.
I'm just glad they all got off at Anfield!

If any route needs the new deckers, the 26/27 is it!Wink

The Myllenniums will be at Green Lane until next year. Whilst I think it's great to see that any spare Enviro400s are deployed on the 14 I do agree that it would be a good idea to use them on the 26/27 circulars on matchdays - the DLPs that have recently been displaced from Bolton would have been ideal - but in hindsight it's difficult to see what they would have replaced at Green Lane

I was a big fan of the Endurances - in particular the 6604-23 batch. Whilst they weren't double deckers they had better capacity than a 44 seater (5 or 6 seats depending what batch) single decker and they were ideal for many routes. I think it's a shame that the Endurances weren't replaced with double deckers back in 2011 when the 61-reg Pulsars arrived for the 15 - but on the plus side at least Green Lane have some now with more much needed double deckers due to follow in the future

For me out of Green Lane's routes it's the 14 needs the capacity increase the most at the moment. It carries a lot of passengers throughout the day year-round and in the morning and evening peaks there are often standing loads. It's good to see both Arriva and Stagecoach deploying any spare double deckers on the route
(04/08/2015 10:44)mr t Wrote:  From 30th August 10B will be every 12 minutes on a Saturday and every 15 minutes Sunday daytime.
Route 68 will be renumbered 68A during Monday to Friday peaks, and all day Saturdays with additional running time all Mon-Sats.
6 will have additional running time and the 7 will be unchanged except for the last 2 journeys from Warrington/Huyton are withdrawn.
8/9 reduced to every 30 minutes Mon-Sat but with additional running time.

Yes I have seen the route number 68a for the Sunday service and wondered whether this is a new number for the former 168? The only discernable difference from route 68 is that it serves Broadgreen Hospital. I may lose interest in riding route 68a on the August Bank Holiday if it will no longer be a mainly Sunday-only route.
There's a DAF/Myllennium on the 18 tonight

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)