Current time: 28/03/2024, 21:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cumfybus
RE: Cumfybus
Theres quite a few Solos partially stripped at Kirkby depot, however it's hard to identify them without going into the depot itself as half of them are buried and/or missing number plates!
Im unable to remember any bar an Ex Supertravel example YN53 ZWJ, which was still in their livery, missing a front panel.
Hope this is of some sort of help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I notice the ex Millenium Dome vehicles used mainly in Southport on Schools etc until recently, seem to have lost their Cumfy private number plates & have been re-registered. I wonder if their to be sold on?
Personally I think they need to repaint and replace some of the bumpers on some Solo's , bar the ex Go-Northeast & the odd one what usually appears on the 139 in a solo variant is quite shoddy to say the least, don't get me wrong at least there low floor & adequate but a lick of paint wouldn't cost much. The one downside with the 59/12 plate Solos is the board covers for the back destination screens , would be much better if these were made sturdier by Optare as its probably only one thing that lets the Newer Solos down tbh
Hybrid Solo YJ12 GXD was out on the 152 (St Helens to Rainford circular) again today. Seems to be the standard weekday & allocation for the route now if the past couple of weeks are anything to go by.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Not even a month old & a few fools decide to marker pen the window sill and the backseats on one of the Hybrids YJ12 GXD , makes you wonder sometimes why people Do this, bet they wouldnt like it if someone lighter burned or scribbled on their couch would they

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
(04/06/2012 07:36)B10B6514 Wrote:  Please can I repeat my request for information or photos of any other withdrawn Aleros (or a list of which ones are still in service) or Solos.
YP52 JWL, which features front LED destination equipment, is still in normal service at the moment; it usually works on the 830 on weekday evenings from what I've seen of it. Here's a photo of it working on the 810, however, on 06/06/2012:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andysbuspic...hotostream
(Credit - "Andys Transport Photos")

I took a photo of YU02 GRK on 15/10/2011 in Cumfybus' Birkenhead depot; a numerous amount of wrecked Aleros can be seen in the photo! The only one that can be recognised is YU02 GRX, however it's not clear whether it's in a serviceable condition or not. Anyway, here's the photo:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael-277...359084524/

I hope this helps you with your enquiry in some way! Smile

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The Solo's seem poor value for money. They seem to be scrapped a lot earlier than other buses. A bus should be able to last at least 12-14 years. Makes you wonder if either their not looked after or that the general build quality is poor.
Most if not All of Cumfybuses ticket machines have failed today resulting in some buses riding without ticket machines on them at present , emergancy tickets are being used on all routes , hopefully this doesn't happen to other operators as it will cause slight chaos , never been a fan of these ticket machines tbh

Any idea what has caused this? I could only imagine if the master machine at the depot failed this could cause this as even if GPS on the new machines failed, surely it would still be possible to issue tickets?

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Not too sure to be honest , most drivers can't even sign out , one told me the machine on his was working then all of a sudden cut out on him in the morning very odd

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)