Current time: 19/04/2024, 11:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cumfybus
RE: Cumfybus
(02/10/2017 07:05)E208 WBG Wrote:  Was JJU a ex P&R Versa if so whats replaced Versa on Park & Ride? ...seems strange Rotala selling hybrid Versas when they still have old Solos in service...Blackburn Private Hire got a Versa as well I think in Green

What are the 6 Cumfybus have got?

Preston's park and Ride routes were joined so that buses worked through between Walton le Dale and Riversway unfortunately you can't get a versa into Riversway so they became surplus and we're used on town routes but have since been displaced by the Streetlite DF's
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/10/2017 07:05)E208 WBG Wrote:  Blackburn Private Hire got a Versa as well I think in Green

What are the 6 Cumfybus have got?

I don't know, but according to photos on Flickr, Blackburn Private Hire have at least 2 (JJE/JJF) out of the seven ex-Preston ones. Therefore, if Cumfybus have acquired six, they presumably must include at least one of the YJ12s that were new to Diamond's West Midlands operations.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Cumfybus to withdraw the 527 from the end of October

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/bolt...s_service/
In the last GMCA Meeting it noted that the 527 was being withdrawn as the 525 covers the 527 route and that no replacement service would be introduced so it is interesting to see what this new service actually is

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(11/10/2017 18:54)T42 PVM Wrote:  In the last GMCA Meeting it noted that the 527 was being withdrawn as the 525 covers the 527 route and that no replacement service would be introduced so it is interesting to see what this new service actually is

I *believe* the new service is being ran commercially and with a different operator
I hadn't realised that it was being run commercially. Last I heard was that Cumfybus was running it on tender, having gained it off First. Shows how out of the loop I've become!
(11/10/2017 19:02)Alexw12 Wrote:  I *believe* the new service is being ran commercially and with a different operator

Reading the comments below in the news paper article it states diamond will run it day times and vision (uk coachways) in the evenings.
Cumfybus Optare Versa hybrid YJ61JJU was on route 133 today in Kirkby

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Saw a PVS tow truck go up St Helens Road Ormskirk yesterday afternoon towards the M58 with a white Alero and yellow Solo on the back both of which had been stripped for parts. Presume they were Cumfybus machines and had come from the Southport yard but was unable to identify them.
There are some ex-Preston hybrid Versas parked up in the Southport yard repainted and awaiting entry into service.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)