Current time: 20/04/2024, 00:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cumfybus
RE: Cumfybus
(24/02/2019 13:48)Barney Wrote:  This seems like death by a thousand cuts and I cannot see Cumfybus lasting much longer. Sad but true.

The owners have already said they wont bid for anymore contracts when they expire for Merseytravel they want to retire now after 30 years they have had enough of the constant chopping and changing on Merseyside & GM and the less and less money to be made, same as Avon really
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/02/2019 18:55)mr t Wrote:  The owners have already said they wont bid for anymore contracts when they expire for Merseytravel they want to retire now after 30 years they have had enough of the constant chopping and changing on Merseyside & GM and the less and less money to be made, same as Avon really

When are the contracts up?
(24/02/2019 18:55)mr t Wrote:  The owners have already said they wont bid for anymore contracts when they expire for Merseytravel they want to retire now after 30 years they have had enough of the constant chopping and changing on Merseyside & GM and the less and less money to be made, same as Avon really

Heard from a Cumfybus driver that the daughter of the owner would like to take over the business and continue. Hope it's true.
(01/03/2019 11:54)Olympian2100 Wrote:  Heard from a Cumfybus driver that the daughter of the owner would like to take over the business and continue. Hope it's true.

As far as I’m aware, the owner took a step back from running the company over ten years ago with his daughter stepping up then.
The tracker on bustimes.org suggests that LX05 FBU was used on the 214/215 yesterday. However, DVLA still shows it as SORN (though I know this can take a few days to show when a vehicle has been re-taxed).

Did anyone see the 214s and 215s yesterday to confirm whether this was a real working? Or could it instead be that the ticket machine has been re-used in another vehicle, without being re-programmed with the correct vehicle ID, and therefore appear wrong to the tracker?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I'd be amazed if a Gemini could fit around the 214/215 so as you say, most likely a ticket machine base swapped and not re-regsitered

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
If they use ticketster machines then most likely a driver has simply signed onto the machine and the wrong vehicle reg which is why it will have shown as this bus.
(22/02/2019 17:56)iMarkeh Wrote:  From what I have heard, it is this tender which was awarded.

A local Councillor (who is very interested in public transport issues in Maghull/Lydiate) queried the proposed new two-hourly 133 timetable with Merseytravel, who responded they have no plans to reduce the frequency and that the two-hourly frequency was just an option. As the Councillor told me, why did they use that frequency as part of the tender process and as the Contract only runs until the end of August, do they plan to reduce the frequency then?
(04/03/2019 22:51)Olympian2100 Wrote:  A local Councillor (who is very interested in public transport issues in Maghull/Lydiate) queried the proposed new two-hourly 133 timetable with Merseytravel, who responded they have no plans to reduce the frequency and that the two-hourly frequency was just an option. As the Councillor told me, why did they use that frequency as part of the tender process and as the Contract only runs until the end of August, do they plan to reduce the frequency then?
Possibly I got it wrong in which case, I apologise. Could they have changed their mind now that the Sefton Review has been started so it's easier to delay things until the review? Save all of the 'bring back the 133' comments?
(04/03/2019 22:54)iMarkeh Wrote:  Possibly I got it wrong in which case, I apologise. Could they have changed their mind now that the Sefton Review has been started so it's easier to delay things until the review? Save all of the 'bring back the 133' comments?

Perhaps Merseytravel have changed their minds and will, as you say, wait until the review is over, or after the contract runs out on 1st September this year. Although the service does have its quiet periods, it serves communities that would have no bus otherwise.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)