Current time: 19/04/2024, 11:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Franchising Tranche 3
RE: Greater Manchester Franchising Tranche 3
(07/04/2024 20:47)GMBN Wrote:  Genuine question... How was SELNEC/GMT funded back in the day?

Didn't most of the funding come from the all the councils in the SELNEC/GMT area, THINK some funding came from GM County Council too, that was before GM County Council was abolished, think it was the same set up in Merseyside after the PTE was formed.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/04/2024 18:25)Owl Wrote:  I share your scepticism about the funding for the Bee Network. I suspect that it will not be long before Burnham is asking for more money, and complaining about not being given enough funding from central government.
The genuine worry is that there is no spare government cash available and that is unlikely to change for a few years. I am certain that, like pre-privatisation days, buses will be stuck in a huge traffic jam behind all other sectors wanting cash (pun intended!) and all the grand ideas will quickly fade away.
(08/04/2024 22:05)Rodney259 Wrote:  The genuine worry is that there is no spare government cash available and that is unlikely to change for a few years. I am certain that, like pre-privatisation days, buses will be stuck in a huge traffic jam behind all other sectors wanting cash (pun intended!) and all the grand ideas will quickly fade away.

I agree - there has been an undeniable boost from the central funding for new buses, but once the initial impetus settles down, I fear that we will be back to a loss making network, with no additional funds to subsidise the service.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)