Current time: 20/04/2024, 05:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

London Overground
RE: London Overground
(05/01/2019 23:11)childwallblues Wrote:  378232 is the first of three units to be temporarily reduced to four cars for use on Gospel Oak to Barking services. this is as a result of the Class 710 delays on entering service. I would imagine that the other two units will be 378233/34.

This would allow more class 172/0 to be transferred to West Midlands Trains.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/01/2019 23:11)childwallblues Wrote:  378232 is the first of three units to be temporarily reduced to four cars for use on Gospel Oak to Barking services. this is as a result of the Class 710 delays on entering service. I would imagine that the other two units will be 378233/34.

Some issues about class 710.

https://www.railmagazine.com/news/networ...ns-unclear
They published the track access amendment to increase the North London service to ten t.p.h. and Euston-Watford to 4 tph on 14th Jan, which can't happen unless the 710s are in service.
378206 is the second unit temporarily reduced to four cars to operate on the GOBLIN line. It was out on test over the weekend. The third will be 378209.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
378206/209/232 are due to be in service on the GOBLIN line from today.

(18/02/2019 07:28)childwallblues Wrote:  378206/209/232 are due to be in service on the GOBLIN line from today.
How do they have spare trains which they can shrink for the GOBL? It's a shame they didn't remodel Gospel Oak while doing the improvements so that the trains can continue towards the likes of Willesden Junction.
(18/02/2019 13:51)iMarkeh Wrote:  How do they have spare trains which they can shrink for the GOBL? It's a shame they didn't remodel Gospel Oak while doing the improvements so that the trains can continue towards the likes of Willesden Junction.

If i heard correctly those sets have had a coach removed to make them 4 cars , which fits the platforms on this line .
That's correct.
'
I a not sure if there are Goblin stations that couldn't physically be extended to take five cars, but other than that I don't understand why Goblin line services couldn't have been extended along the North London, with the trains whose paths they took diverted via Primrose Hill via Watford.
There is only one platform on the GOBLIN line at Gospel Oak and it is a terminal platform.

The Gospel Oak to Barking service will run every 30 minutes from March 18.

https://tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/press-...ing-update

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)