Current time: 28/03/2024, 22:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pavement Parking
Pavement Parking
What is your take on pavement Parking , I have seen in some areas where there is a marked area set out on the pavement , usually this is where the pavement is excessively wide .

If some of the councils get there way some of the side roads will become no go zones for delivery lorries because of the inability to negoiate parked vehicles which will be fully on the road , in some areas this is already a hinderance to buses already.

Some of the roads where not built for the amount of cars we have on the road these days , just for the side of thehorse and cart's in the 1900's.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Pavement parking
The problem with pavement parking is that very often it cracks the pavement flags.
Result? An increase in yearly Council Tax Bills, as cracked flags are a tripping/compo hazard and need to be repaired.

I've said it before, they really need to take driving licences away from selfish moronsSad
In maghull where my girlfriend lives the pavents are quite narrow in places and we sometimes take her niece out in her pram but most of the time we are forced to walk in the road in places as some thoughtless motorists park so far onto the pavement there isnt even enough room for a sigle lone pedestrian without a pram to walk on the pavement why should the babys life as well as our own have to be put at risk by us having to go in the road the get past these cars? i always thought the pavement was the pedestrians right of way?
As a driver I hate parking on kerbs but some places it has to be done unfortunately. Were councils place the markings to park on kerbs they tarmac it first to that paving slabs don't get damaged, also anyone tripping in that zone must be mad to be walking in a parking space lol. I would say though parking on pavements not marked out for parking, should only be done so if 1) the pavement is wide enough and 2) the road is too narrow to park normally.
(30/11/2012 00:54)ste Wrote:  As a driver I hate parking on kerbs but some places it has to be done unfortunately. Were councils place the markings to park on kerbs they tarmac it first to that paving slabs don't get damaged, also anyone tripping in that zone must be mad to be walking in a parking space lol. I would say though parking on pavements not marked out for parking, should only be done so if 1) the pavement is wide enough and 2) the road is too narrow to park normally.

The only place in merseyside i have seen legal pavement parking is in a road in Bootle but not sure where in Bootle though.
Theirs a few places in Bootle, Hawthorne Road being one. Queens Drive in Walton on the approach to the fly over is also legal to park on the pavement, however some of it is tarmac the rest is paving slabs that as said will only end up cracking.
It drives me nuts- it's totally inconsiderate to pedestrians. I walked down a fairly narrow road in Heswall this afternoon. All but one were parked sensibly leaving enough room for other drivers to get through, but the last one in the row was parked on yellow lines and on the pavement meaning pedestrians had to go in the road and hence obstructed the flow of traffic. I agree with Mathias
As I said mate if there is sufficient room on the pavement and it helps the flow of traffic then there is no problem in my eyes. But first and foremost there should always be enough room left for the pedestrians, that is what the pavement is for.
Stanley Road, outside the strand in Bootle drives me mad for pavement parking, mainly due to selfish hackney cab drivers that seem to be allowed to park wherever they like. As well as this it can block your view when crossing a road as it does regularly. As a driver I try to avoid pavement parking and only do so if absolutely necessary.
(27/11/2012 12:12)MX12CFE Wrote:  In maghull where my girlfriend lives the pavents are quite narrow in places and we sometimes take her niece out in her pram but most of the time we are forced to walk in the road in places as some thoughtless motorists park so far onto the pavement there isnt even enough room for a sigle lone pedestrian without a pram to walk on the pavement why should the babys life as well as our own have to be put at risk by us having to go in the road the get past these cars? i always thought the pavement was the pedestrians right of way?
I am surprised that some of the cars parked badly on pavements don't get their paintwork accidentally scratched when pedestrians are forced to squeeze through narrow gaps, whilst carrying luggage, or pushing prams, shopping trolleys, etc.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)