Current time: 20/04/2024, 12:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Making your own bus model
Making your own bus model
Hi all am thinking of making my own bus models am going to scour the trade stalls at the wirral bus & tram show in october for some beat up models which will be a mini pointer dart an Enviro 200 and a volvo olympian palatine 2. I am going to strip them and repaint them into Ace Travel livery anyone know the best way to go about stripping them? have seen it done before.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Making your own bus model
(30/07/2013 06:23)MX12CFE Wrote:  Hi all am thinking of making my own bus models am going to scour the trade stalls at the wirral bus & tram show in october for some beat up models which will be a mini pointer dart an Enviro 200 and a volvo olympian palatine 2. I am going to strip them and repaint them into Ace Travel livery anyone know the best way to go about stripping them? have seen it done before.

Haven't got many tips on stripping them, but if you get chance I would quite happily buy a Enviro 200 in Halton transport livery. Also if there are any scratch builders out there I would also quite happily buy a Marshall Capital 2 in Halton transport livery for a fair price.

Sorry if it's a bit late, but if using paint stripper just remember to remove all plastic parts from the bus or they WILL melt...
You can get special paper for the printer to make the transfers as if they where like the Airfix ones looks way better than what some do is just stick them on with card looks horrid

http://busncoachfleetlists.comli.com/ The new fleetlist site containing lots of new things

Currently the Macclesfield photographer for anything Arriva Macclesfield and Winsford, Arriva Wythenshawe, High Peaks, Aimees, Holmeswood, GHA and anything else I photograph

My blog http://maccbusspotter.blogspot.co.uk/
Have made a start on the dart have stripped it back to the bodyshell am thinking of sanding them with sandpaper rather than using paint stripper wont have to strip the palatine as its already in red which makes things easier just need to change transfers on it. Need to get paint for the dart anyone know where sells it in liverpool now that modelzone has sadly gone? thanks.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)