Current time: 25/04/2024, 13:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bullocks Coaches
RE: Bullocks Coaches
I saw what I think was a Scania (single decker in plain white) with the 147 route on the destination display yesterday afternoon in Manchester.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(11/07/2015 10:17)knutstransport Wrote:  I saw what I think was a Scania (single decker in plain white) with the 147 route on the destination display yesterday afternoon in Manchester.

It will have been one of their 3 omnicities : they were the original buses on the 147 when it started in 2005, until replaced by the hybrid volvos in 2011. Vehicles on the 147 need a transponder fitted to enter the hospital so it's very rare to see anything other than the 4x volvos or 3x scanias on the service.

One of the scanias is still part liveried for the route, the other 2 plain white.
Seen yesterday in bullocks depot was a white alx400 Decker, with bullocks livery/logo in the upper deck windows. Anyone know the id? Presumably it's not one of the ex-london dafs.
(09/11/2015 07:43)djb Wrote:  Seen yesterday in bullocks depot was a white alx400 Decker, with bullocks livery/logo in the upper deck windows. Anyone know the id? Presumably it's not one of the ex-london dafs.

The batch of ex London DAFs were I believe set to retain thier London red paint with Bullocks simply adding thier own vinyls/logos etc.
They do still deal with Dawson rentals with the vehicles normally used on the hospital shuttles normally being rented from there so it's possibly another rented vehicle. I know the original batch of Dawson rentals tridents with Bullocks are now with Selwyns.
(09/11/2015 11:59)Mayneway Wrote:  The batch of ex London DAFs were I believe set to retain thier London red paint with Bullocks simply adding thier own vinyls/logos etc.
They do still deal with Dawson rentals with the vehicles normally used on the hospital shuttles normally being rented from there so it's possibly another rented vehicle. I know the original batch of Dawson rentals tridents with Bullocks are now with Selwyns.

I thought about a rental too, but with it having upper window logos, I presume it's owned?
(09/11/2015 14:23)djb Wrote:  I thought about a rental too, but with it having upper window logos, I presume it's owned?

Could just mean it's a long term loan. Seleyns have a batch on loan till their own deckers are converted and they have had vinyls and fleetnames added.

Were all 10 of the DAFs confirmed as with Bullocks yet?
(09/11/2015 15:15)Mayneway Wrote:  Could just mean it's a long term loan. Seleyns have a batch on loan till their own deckers are converted and they have had vinyls and fleetnames added.

Were all 10 of the DAFs confirmed as with Bullocks yet?

All 10 are with bullocks. 2 in white, rest in red.

2 questions if anyone knows the answer?

I keep coming across a bullocks service B25, not a registered route, anyone know what or who it is for? Seems to run between heald green and hale

Also one of the scania irizars has been re-regd (to BUI175 i think). Anyone know which one

Thanks
(29/02/2016 20:59)djb Wrote:  All 10 are with bullocks. 2 in white, rest in red.

2 questions if anyone knows the answer?

I keep coming across a bullocks service B25, not a registered route, anyone know what or who it is for? Seems to run between heald green and hale

Also one of the scania irizars has been re-regd (to BUI175 i think). Anyone know which one

Thanks

Simple answer to your first question is a school service. Not sure which School but Bullocks have for a number of years operated commercial school services or 'direct to school' services which is why it may not apear on VOSA. They use the B before the number on all their own schools while contracted schools (if they still operate any) use the regular service number.
It's probably one of the private schools.
Hulme hall always did similar with the H before the number.
(29/02/2016 21:23)Mayneway Wrote:  Simple answer to your first question is a school service. Not sure which School but Bullocks have for a number of years operated commercial school services or 'direct to school' services which is why it may not apear on VOSA. They use the B before the number on all their own schools while contracted schools (if they still operate any) use the regular service number.
It's probably one of the private schools.
Hulme hall always did similar with the H before the number.

Thanks for the reply. I was already familiar with bullocks numbering and the fact that it was most likely a school service. The b25 is however a new service, and it seems to run ahead of a tfgm school service in the morning , so I was more interested in who or where it ran for, as the timings don't correspond with any of the hale/altrincham private schools
Does anyone know what has happened to the original holder of bui1484 (c33 evm)? As this registration is now on an ex Hong Kong Olympian.

Also for anyone interested in unusual workings, g423snf was used this afternoon on one of the Phs services.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)