Current time: 20/04/2024, 13:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bullocks Coaches
RE: Bullocks Coaches
(11/10/2013 22:53)Mayneway Wrote:  
(10/10/2013 06:10)M60lad Wrote:  Wasn't in the days when part of the Finglands operations was known as Fieldsends was it?

I carn't remember what the connection was but their was defiantly a link between them, they both acquired their Tigers at the same time for whatever the link was.

Not quite. A post on one of my Flickr scanned photos states that ownership of the Fieldsend business was sold to Geoff Bullock of Bullocks Coaches and Bob Bunning of Finglands as a separate enterprise to their respective family businesses in April 1983. At a later date Accord Tours Limited was formed t/a Fieldsends Coaches, by now wholely owned by Finglands. This remaining the case until Finglands sale to East Yorkshire and the Fieldsend name was dropped.

Here is the photo concerned. B106 WRJ

HTIOI
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/10/2013 13:32)andyrigby2410 Wrote:  Finglands coaching business sold to Bullocks. All but two vehicles to transfer.

Intriguingly enough, Bullocks may have had the funds to buy Finglands' coaching operation having sold most of their bus operation to Stagecoach in 2008!
(12/10/2013 21:46)Metroline1511 Wrote:  
(09/10/2013 13:32)andyrigby2410 Wrote:  Finglands coaching business sold to Bullocks. All but two vehicles to transfer.

Intriguingly enough, Bullocks may have had the funds to buy Finglands' coaching operation having sold most of their bus operation to Stagecoach in 2008!

I think they could have bought Finglands twice over considering it only went for 50k, but I doubt they would want to jump back into commercial bus work on that scale.
Solo YJ62FAM - I mention this vehicle on this thread as I think it may be on loan.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
This solo (in plain white with no legal lettering) was seen today leaving Manchester Royal Infirmary.
(16/06/2015 22:22)John I Wrote:  Solo YJ62FAM - I mention this vehicle on this thread as I think it may be on loan.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
This solo (in plain white with no legal lettering) was seen today leaving Manchester Royal Infirmary.

Bullocks have been leasing it since February when the Enviro200 they had been using was returned to the leasing company.
The latest addition to the fleet is Scania/irizar i6 YT15 AWC carrying Finglands fleetname.
(16/06/2015 23:09)Mayneway Wrote:  Bullocks have been leasing it since February when the Enviro200 they had been using was returned to the leasing company.

Many Thanks.
Seen today was bullocks ex london lj03 mkf. Destination showing for the 147 route (but in Stockport). Presumably posed for a photo, but shows they will be workable on the route. Perhaps the end for the omnicities? As apparently bullocks have 10 ex-london coming, and they've tried to sell them before.
A couple of weeks ago while travelling into Manchester on a 201 on a Saturday afternoon, I noticed one of Bullocks Hybrid decker's leaving passing Piccadilly station with its destination set to '1 University Shuttle'.
Is this a regular Bullocks working and presumably its not the same shuttle that Stagecoach operate out of Middleton depot?
(10/07/2015 20:26)djb Wrote:  Seen today was bullocks ex london lj03 mkf. Destination showing for the 147 route (but in Stockport). Presumably posed for a photo, but shows they will be workable on the route. Perhaps the end for the omnicities? As apparently bullocks have 10 ex-london coming, and they've tried to sell them before.
I would imagine they have simply programmed all the destinations in as it was reported the 10 ex London decker's were for school services, although the ex Dublin Olympians did appear now and again on 147's.

I believe some if not all 10 have arrived now, there was certainly a handful of them outside the Ethiad at the last home game of the season. They have adapted the London red livery and simply added Bullocks fleetnames and look quite smart.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)