Current time: 19/04/2024, 14:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
RE: Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancashire
16651 is on the 104 (Carlisle-Newton Rigg) today. This bus has come from Barrow (I think in exchange for 17036) and has not got a local destination setup so has a hand-drawn paper 104 in the windscreen.

I think it is only in service as 18361 and 16650 were both in Carlisle workshop. It is the scruffiest Stagecoach vehicle I have seen in a long time so hopefully its use is very short-term.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
About a week ago Kendal Solo 47057 was on Workington local services. Does anyone know if this was just a loan?

Smile Today is a good day Smile
Reports of new Enviro 400s 15221-5 being delayed to November have been seen on Facebook. Do we know if there is any validity to this.
The 2 single deck Scanias 28747/8 have arrived and are now reputedly at Lillyhall, but not yet in service.

No validity at all - they've already been built and are currently in Birmingham for changes to the cooling system (electric rather then belt driven fans). Should be in Cumbria awaiting the service launch by October.

Only 28747 should be at LL for type training, 748 should be at Carlisle for vinyls to be applied.
(20/09/2015 16:13)mbonwick Wrote:  No validity at all - they've already been built and are currently in Birmingham for changes to the cooling system (electric rather then belt driven fans). Should be in Cumbria awaiting the service launch by October.

Only 28747 should be at LL for type training, 748 should be at Carlisle for vinyls to be applied.

Yes 28748 currently in Carlisle garage.
New Scania 15223 (YN65 XFD)is now at Carlisle depot. Bound for Gold service X4/X5 (Workington-Penrith) from Lillyhall.

28748 is registered YN65 XFZ.
Stagecoach Midlands open-top Olympian 16580 (R580JVA) has appeared at Carlisle in City Sightseeing Stratford livery. Definitely not for service!
16580 is heading further north over the border. How far it goes beyond there is still unknown - it could be heading a long way up...
Ex Kendal recently transferred Solos 47056/7 are in regular service at Lillyhall.
I seem to remember one of these had a bike rack (none now). Can anyone confirm?

Not mentioned above is the launch into service of the X4/X5 (Workington-Keswick-Penrith) Gold buses 15221-5 and 28747/8 on Monday 5th October, after much publicity in the above towns. I am told one of the deckers (15225?) does not have branding and is also a spare vehicle for the Gold service 300 worked by 15920-3.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)