Current time: 19/04/2024, 00:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Route History
RE: Route History
Just consulted my 1989 Cheshire Bus Guide. In that year, Crosville operated service 99; a Summer Sunday and bank holiday service from Liverpool to Jodrell Bank via Widnes, Warrington and Tatton Park. Bit of a longshot, but does anyone know when it was introduced, how long it lasted for and calling points?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/10/2019 16:04)Walton 46 Wrote:  Just consulted my 1989 Cheshire Bus Guide. In that year, Crosville operated service 99; a Summer Sunday and bank holiday service from Liverpool to Jodrell Bank via Widnes, Warrington and Tatton Park. Bit of a longshot, but does anyone know when it was introduced, how long it lasted for and calling points?

I am unsure of dates but do recall Merseybus running this at one point.
(25/10/2019 16:22)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I am unsure of dates but do recall Merseybus running this at one point.

I recall Merseybus running it summers 87 & 88

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Hi all Im after some details of previous operators on the Maghull circulars please. I can remember as far back as the GTL days but anything prior to that I don't know. Cumfybus have the routes at the moment with Ace Travel, Stagecoach and GTL having the routes prior to Cumfybus. Any information on past operators of the Maghull circulars would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
(13/11/2019 13:25)MX12CFE Wrote:  Hi all Im after some details of previous operators on the Maghull circulars please. I can remember as far back as the GTL days but anything prior to that I don't know. Cumfybus have the routes at the moment with Ace Travel, Stagecoach and GTL having the routes prior to Cumfybus. Any information on past operators of the Maghull circulars would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

They started out as M1-M6, operated by Ribble prior to d-reg, but unsure of anything after that
Maghull circulars go back as to the Ribble days, originally numbered M1-M5, services started in 1970, at d-reg they were renumbered 231 to 235 not sure if North Western or Merseybus were the operators, then have had a few changes of operator

(13/11/2019 14:53)MTL0201 Wrote:  Maghull circulars go back as to the Ribble days, originally numbered M1-M5, services started in 1970, at d-reg they were renumbered 231 to 235 not sure if North Western or Merseybus were the operators, then have had a few changes of operator

Thanks for this MTL0201 and Walton46. Think Merseybus may have been the operator as the Optare Metrorider that's preserved at the MTT in Burscough has Maghull circulars on its blinds.
Have a GMPTE bus map circa March 95, some of the routes then
21 Liverpool-Wigan
79 Liverpool-Leigh
800 Liverpool-Rochdale
801 Liverpool-Oldham
These went direct down the East Lancs Road, the stretch between Kirkby & Lowton which never sees regular buses.

From East Lancs Road 800/801 went down Atherleigh Way in Leigh, then via Atherton, then 582 to Bolton, then 800 via 471 to Rochdale, 801 via 471 to Heywood, then Middleton, Chadderton to Oldham, i hate to be the person planning the timetable & allocating the buses, imagine any breakdown

Thinking the 420 is a sorry state of it's former self, introduced at d-reg as a peak hour variation to the 421, the 421 was Greasby Well Lane-Liverpool via Moreton, Bidston Station then straight on the tunnel approach roads to Liverpool, 420 route has been virtually unchanged apart from Liverpool City Centre, were it used to go to/from Exchange Street East, 420 operated both peaks each way, early 90s when it was cut to with traffic flow, but still 3 to 4 journeys each peak, now it's just one journey am peak

Reading Liverpool transport vol 5, there were plans to renumber the Ribble, Crosby area L routes, to 2xx series, the numbers would have been

201 formally L35
202 formally L3
203 formally C2
204 formally L85/L86
205 Runnells Lane-Liverpool
206 formally S2
207 Freshfield-Waterloo Interchange
208 formally L90
209 formally PTE route 92
210 formally L9
351 formally 381/383
391 unchanged

None of the renumberings took place, just rationalization.

Waterloo Interchange is a funny one, only one bus an hour goes into the bus turning circle now, but every bus going through Waterloo was diverted through, even buses going direct down Crosby Road North, that finished at d-reg

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)