Current time: 18/04/2024, 06:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
(27/06/2012 22:21)CX54 DKD Wrote:  I'd welcome the Runcorn Cadets with a bit of attention to sort out idle vibrations on a select few to be honest. They're quick and unlike our own Cadets, have no handbrake lock for the doors. They're perfect Dart replacements in terms of capacity also. But anyway, the last I heard, there were whispers that the Wythenshawe Pulsars may be for St Helens' receipt - anyone heard anything further to this or just idle gossip?
At the moment, from what I've heard, when the new Pulsar 2s arrive for the X1, the ex-Wythenshawe Pulsar 2s are going elsewhere - I was told that they could be going to St Helens, however it all depends on whether St Helens are sorted at the time (new buses might be there when the six Pulsar 2s are free).

Further to the ex-Wythenshawe Pulsar 2s leaving, when the MAN EcoCitys arrive at Runcorn, their original batch of Pulsar 2s were meant to be going elsewhere, too. Now, apparently, they're trying to send away some Cadets due to "horrendous reliability".

In my opinion, I think that only Cadets should leave Runcorn and go elsewhere to replace Darts. Runcorn should keep their Pulsar 2s for the 79C.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Cheers for that Michael. Should be interesting to see it all play out.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
(27/06/2012 22:15)CX54 DKD Wrote:  I have to say, it seems daft to be releasing the Wythenshawe Pulsars - it would be much better to keep them, with a capacity more suited to peak 79Cs etc., and release Cadets to garages like St Helens who have a route network largely suitable for them. This is in my opinion, of course.

Couldn't agree more, Pulsars could be put to good use at Runcorn on routes that Cadets just won't do on, why they are sending them away I don't know as they are valuable assets!

(27/06/2012 22:44)27701 Wrote:  
(27/06/2012 22:21)CX54 DKD Wrote:  I'd welcome the Runcorn Cadets with a bit of attention to sort out idle vibrations on a select few to be honest. They're quick and unlike our own Cadets, have no handbrake lock for the doors. They're perfect Dart replacements in terms of capacity also. But anyway, the last I heard, there were whispers that the Wythenshawe Pulsars may be for St Helens' receipt - anyone heard anything further to this or just idle gossip?
At the moment, from what I've heard, when the new Pulsar 2s arrive for the X1, the ex-Wythenshawe Pulsar 2s are going elsewhere - I was told that they could be going to St Helens, however it all depends on whether St Helens are sorted at the time (new buses might be there when the six Pulsar 2s are free).

Further to the ex-Wythenshawe Pulsar 2s leaving, when the MAN EcoCitys arrive at Runcorn, their original batch of Pulsar 2s were meant to be going elsewhere, too. Now, apparently, they're trying to send away some Cadets due to "horrendous reliability".

In my opinion, I think that only Cadets should leave Runcorn and go elsewhere to replace Darts. Runcorn should keep their Pulsar 2s for the 79C.

Cadets, as crap as some of ours are, could be put to very good use as Dart replacements, many Darts are coming to the end of their life, therefore suitable replacements for them are becoming few and far between seeing as it's not often vehicles this new of this size are released from their depots (Should the Cadets leave).
I'd personally say keep all of our Pulsars and displace 2419 and 14 Cadets elsewhere. Possibly send them to Wales seeing as they have a lot of Darts!
After driving a number of Cadets at Runcorn, I have to say they are in poor condition. Rattly, smelly, slow....

Drove a Warrington Cadet yesterday, difference is unbelievable!!

I was speaking to a driver CX54 at the airport a few weeks ago and he said were getting pulsars for the 32!

Its most likely it will be them!
If the pulsars do come I imagine they will be integrated onto the 34/89 and 352 workings as with the paladins leaving, it will leave St Helens short of enough 40 plus seater buses to cover all of these routes.

I hope the Pulsars go through P+P becuase some of them are realy scruffy!

If they go to St.Helens that is!
(28/06/2012 15:49)Ultralow Wrote:  I hope the Pulsars go through P+P becuase some of them are realy scruffy!

If they go to St.Helens that is!
The ex-Wythenshawe ones seem to be very scruffy, yeah. Runcorn's own batch are in better condition as them, though, by far.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/06/2012 15:28)Ultralow Wrote:  I was speaking to a driver CX54 at the airport a few weeks ago and he said were getting pulsars for the 32!

Its most likely it will be them!
I doubt it - the reason more Solos were brought in was because drivers were requesting smaller vehicles than the Pulsars (but new) for estates such as Four Acre on the 32/A and 33/A routes.

It's more likely we'll see them go onto some of the routes Chris mentions if they do come. I'd imagine that, as a profitable route, they'd go for a greater Pulsar allocation on the 352 pushing more B10BLEs onto the 34, 34A and the 89. More Pulsars could be possible for the 89 but going by current allocations, I don't see anymore going on there than is required for late boards.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
If you lot are after something for the 32 and Pulsars are too big, help yourself to some Cadets. No, really, I'm willing to make that sort of sacrifice for you! Take the P&P'd ones if you wish, we'll keep hold of the much scruffier Pulsars that go like the proverbial off a shovel! Wink
7632 was on the busway circulars today along with 7617, the former was very loud indeed, I'm talking 7671 loud as well! Pumping out a fair bit of crap from the exhaust as well! Bravo Arriva, great repair job!

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)