Current time: 16/04/2024, 07:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
I drove it in service once, an absolute animal of a bus....extremely nippy but dangerously so i thought!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Why dont they give it to laird st from my point of view it was a stupid move!
(27/06/2012 21:29)Ultralow Wrote:  Why dont they give it to laird st from my point of view it was a stupid move!
The chassis is essentially the same as the other Cadets and the engine is the same as what Runcorn's engineering have been used to in the Darts. Not really all that stupid if Runcorn needed the vehicle!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(27/06/2012 21:30)CX54 DKD Wrote:  
(27/06/2012 21:29)Ultralow Wrote:  Why dont they give it to laird st from my point of view it was a stupid move!
The chassis is essentially the same as the other Cadets and the engine is the same as what Runcorn's engineering have been used to in the Darts. Not really all that stupid if Runcorn needed the vehicle!

They may be the same but it would of made more sence sending a VDL cadet for example 2544 which is the same full stop!
Why would Speke want to send a 55 plate Cadet when they're not planning on displacing them? The difference between this as a DAF Cadet and the rest as VDL Cadets is negligible to Runcorn.

(27/06/2012 21:18)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  I drove it in service once, an absolute animal of a bus....extremely nippy but dangerously so i thought!!

Yeah, definitely, great ride, not so much when on the pits in Runcorn though. Bring back 7558! At least that could stay on the road for more than 2 days!
As CX54 says we needed an extra bus, were short at the best of times!
Looking forward to the Pulsars for the X1 arriving shortly, be a shame to see the Wythenshawe Pulsars go though, particularly 2935
I have to say, it seems daft to be releasing the Wythenshawe Pulsars - it would be much better to keep them, with a capacity more suited to peak 79Cs etc., and release Cadets to garages like St Helens who have a route network largely suitable for them. This is in my opinion, of course.

i agree with all that but please dont give them to st helens :P cadets at st helens apart from 2496 ( i think thats the right fleetnumber) are not the best of buses

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I'd welcome the Runcorn Cadets with a bit of attention to sort out idle vibrations on a select few to be honest. They're quick and unlike our own Cadets, have no handbrake lock for the doors. They're perfect Dart replacements in terms of capacity also. But anyway, the last I heard, there were whispers that the Wythenshawe Pulsars may be for St Helens' receipt - anyone heard anything further to this or just idle gossip?

more pulsars for us?
in that case i think i will take the cadets

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)