Current time: 18/04/2024, 12:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Runcorn Depot
I had a trip over to a very wet Runcorn today to have a look from outside the depot to get pictures of the new Pulsars and see what else was there.
8202 was parked up on my arrival and later went out on training duties. Is this one now based here as its been here the past few times that I have had a nosey at the depot?
4 Pulsars were parked up by the gate, no branding on any as of yet. The fifth is apparently due very soon!

3136 MX12 KWJ
3138 MX12 KVO
3139 MX12 KVP
3140 MX12 KVR

(Credit Ray Barber ANW Yahoo! Group for the following) As previously reported, all have leather dual purpose seating and are also fitted with Wifi.
All are apparently due to receive branding for the X1 (Possibly as part of the Runcorn Connextions branding?) and will enter service later in July.
Photos to follow.

7632 was parked over the open air inspection pit round the back of the depot, and appeared to be giving off smoke at one point, but was moved off shortly after and parked around the front of the pits, just in front of a fully intact 1047. Not sure what the future holds for this one?
No sign of 7617, I was probably in the wrong place at the wrong time!
2419 was in the maintenance area where 1047 was when getting its new engine, something must be seriously wrong with this one!

Hope this is all of interest!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
i really feel someone is paying for this to be fixed so they can have it, its the only reason i can see them fixing it

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
now am thinking it would make a perfect training bus Smile

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(05/07/2012 17:51)V671 DVU Wrote:  
(05/07/2012 17:39)K853 MTJ Wrote:  
(05/07/2012 17:11)V671 DVU Wrote:  Cheers Danny, do you know if there was a fault which caused it to leave Runcorn?

Dont think so mate, I think it was intended as a replacement for 7632, however with 7632 being fixed much quicker than first expected, it was sent to St Helens I believe. Thats my understanding anyway!

Cheers mate, much appreciated! Won't be surprised if they need another one before long, with 7632 and 2419 being off the road AGAIN.

Continued from St Helens thread.
As said before, 2419 is once again off the road, this time in what I'd assume to be the heavy maintenance area as 1047 had it's engine done there. I think in total, it's done about 5 days service, and thats pushing it!
7632 was moved off the pits yesterday while I was knocking about so I'd imagine that it's suitable for another 2 days of service before breaking down again -_-
It must be really annoying that Runcorn have got a bus like 2419 in to replace 7558, a bus which was mega reliable and hardly ever in the depot. The ex Speke Cadets have proven very troublesome indeed for Laird Street as well, actually causing them to be short. I suppose a hard life can be blamed for the Cadets reliability, the 80/A aren't exactly the easiest routes for a bus as light and un-capable as a Cadet to spend 12 years on. 7632, isn't that the one which came back sounding louder than 7671? It's like 7671 reliability wise as well, few days on the road another few on the pits

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
when at bolton 7632 was a good bus, always on the road and spent most of the time on the 715, dont know whats made it go downhill, even a driver from there is shocked its of the road again

Well the Renowns are proving reliable for GL, and they were on the 80/A, personally I reckon it's an flaw in the electrics with the DAFs, mechanically I see no reason why they aren't as solid as a Dart, with the exact same engine and gearbox.
Plus Laird Streets original Cadets went through a terrible spate of unreliability a few months back. Not sure what it is though!
Thats the one, photographed it in Runcorn earlier this week sounding dreadful. I think so mate, not brilliant! Whereas 7617 is solid as a rock, rather puzzling!
(05/07/2012 19:01)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Well the Renowns are proving reliable for GL, and they were on the 80/A, personally I reckon it's an flaw in the electrics with the DAFs, mechanically I see no reason why they aren't as solid as a Dart, with the exact same engine and gearbox.
Plus Laird Streets original Cadets went through a terrible spate of unreliability a few months back. Not sure what it is though!
Thats the one, photographed it in Runcorn earlier this week sounding dreadful. I think so mate, not brilliant! Whereas 7617 is solid as a rock, rather puzzling!

The renowns are actually unreliable, They're prone to braking down due to overheating which GL weren't impressed with.

2419 was known for problems at Speke as well, not just scince it went Runcorn (Though scince it was moved it sounds tired), 2419 was the fastest Speke cadet alongside 2432 and 2434 but was known for electrical problems with its alternator and idle vibrations.

Its bit unfair to blame the Spekes cadet tbh, They have been worked harder then the LS example, but even then LS buses such as 2428 and 2449 have been known for being taken off and sat in the depot for weeks!
driver friend has informed me 1047 went for its MOT but failed! he has no idea why it even went but they getting it ready for another go, stupid as theres 6 or 7 left

hang on he has just said *we are keeping it until the gas buses come*

sorry about this he has confirmed WY pulsars will move on when the other ones enter service

(05/07/2012 19:47)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  
(05/07/2012 19:01)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Well the Renowns are proving reliable for GL, and they were on the 80/A, personally I reckon it's an flaw in the electrics with the DAFs, mechanically I see no reason why they aren't as solid as a Dart, with the exact same engine and gearbox.

The renowns are actually unreliable, They're prone to braking down due to overheating which GL weren't impressed with.

2419 was known for problems at Speke as well, not just scince it went Runcorn (Though scince it was moved it sounds tired), 2419 was the fastest Speke cadet alongside 2432 and 2434 but was known for electrical problems with its alternator and idle vibrations.

Its bit unfair to blame the Spekes cadet tbh, They have been worked harder then the LS example, but even then LS buses such as 2428 and 2449 have been known for being taken off and sat in the depot for weeks!

Reliable enough to be sent to Warrington over Darts because they are also apparently unreliable.
2419 is still a rocket and still absolutely shifts the last time I went on it, I couldn't fault it.
At no point did I blame Speke specifically, but at the same time I don't get why the type in particular are so unreliable.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)