Current time: 25/04/2024, 12:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North East
RE: Arriva North East
When I was in Newcastle 2 weeks ago I rode 7802. Some had been refurbished but as yet without MAX branding. A handful of ordinary Geminis were on route 308 to cover the final Volvo B5LHs being MAXed. However, 7806 already had MAX branding as per this photo.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/aureolindn...Rko-e7zyHS

I am pleased to have travelled on former London DLA now Arriva North East 7470 as you say these will be withdrawn soon Kuyoyo.

I rode elderly refurbished Volvo B10BLE 4517 on route 52. Again, with some more Streetlites due here soon I'm pleased to have been on this while I could.

I rode Cross-Pennine Scania 4662 on route 685. I knew to ride one while I could as I'd seen your post about other buses on that route Kuyoyo. Indeed, at Hexham I soon saw an ordinary Pulsar on that route! Oh yes, I alighted at the new Hexham Bus Station. I was unaware that it was even a new one initially as I didn't know they were building a new one. What gave the game away was walking past the old bus station a few minutes later!

MAX Pulsar 1441 on route X12 looked nicer than the older one I did on route X51 in Wales last month.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Noted two of the new MMC Enviro 400s on Metro replacement work yesterday (Saturday), YX17 NNO and NNT. No logos or fleetnumbers on outside of vehicles but these two have been reported elsewhere as 7541/44. Both to Sapphire spec. internally.
(16/07/2017 00:12)N391OTY Wrote:  Noted two of the new MMC Enviro 400s on Metro replacement work yesterday (Saturday), YX17 NNO and NNT. No logos or fleetnumbers on outside of vehicles but these two have been reported elsewhere as 7541/44. Both to Sapphire spec. internally.

YX17NNT is actually 7542.

The entire batch entered service on the X21/X22 yesterday - 7541-51 are branded for the services while 7552 carries 'Arriva Connecting Newcastle' branding. They are replacing 7501-9/18/27/8 which will be transferring to Jesmond depot to replace DAF DB250/Alexander ALX400 7467-71/3-6/8-80 at Jesmond and upgrading 'Great North Routes' 43 (Newcastle to Cramlington and Morpeth), 44 (Newcastle to Dinnington and Morpeth) and 45 (Newcastle to Dinnington) to Sapphire standard.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(23/07/2017 12:32)kuyoyo Wrote:  YX17NNT is actually 7542.

The entire batch entered service on the X21/X22 yesterday - 7541-51 are branded for the services while 7552 carries 'Arriva Connecting Newcastle' branding. They are replacing 7501-9/18/27/8 which will be transferring to Jesmond depot to replace DAF DB250/Alexander ALX400 7467-71/3-6/8-80 at Jesmond and upgrading 'Great North Routes' 43 (Newcastle to Cramlington and Morpeth), 44 (Newcastle to Dinnington and Morpeth) and 45 (Newcastle to Dinnington) to Sapphire standard.

The new standard of comfort on these Great North Routes will be welcome. I rode a DLA on route 43 last month and it seemed a bit cramped. Mind you, so did my Volvo B10BLE on route 52. That said, I enjoy riding old vehicles from time to time, and I shall therefore miss them.
(23/07/2017 17:06)Metroline1511 Wrote:  The new standard of comfort on these Great North Routes will be welcome. I rode a DLA on route 43 last month and it seemed a bit cramped. Mind you, so did my Volvo B10BLE on route 52. That said, I enjoy riding old vehicles from time to time, and I shall therefore miss them.

It's now been confirmed that the Great North Road Routes will be a mixed allocation of Enviro400s and Pulsars - 2 Pulsars are to transfer from Durham to Jesmond in exchange for deckers (maybe just one decker). Meanwhile, Darlington are set to send 1513 to Durham in exchange for 7538.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(24/07/2017 08:15)kuyoyo Wrote:  It's now been confirmed that the Great North Road Routes will be a mixed allocation of Enviro400s and Pulsars - 2 Pulsars are to transfer from Durham to Jesmond in exchange for deckers (maybe just one decker). Meanwhile, Darlington are set to send 1513 to Durham in exchange for 7538.

We shall have to see whether route 43 etc will be Sapphired as a result of this cascade, or whether the Sapphire Enviro400s will be refurbished back to normal seating.

I am listening online to Beat Surrender on BBC Radio Newcastle as I type this!
Solo 2827 in the new Arriva livery was working for Jesmond yesterday (Friday 15 Dec). This was previously allocated to Whitby and carried a white livery while there.
Noted 7630 in service today (Saturday 3rd) on service 308. Registration is YJ61OBA and vehicle is the former 1527 in the Arriva Yorkshire fleet.
Baby solo 2603 is working Jesmond's service 553 today. This is one of the two solos (2602/3) which were transferred to Selby a while ago, becoming 3030/1 in the Arriva Yorkshire fleet.
Arriva Northumbria service 553 today features solo 2856, complete with Frequenta logos and route 13 markings for Firth Moor (Darlington). Makes a change from baby solos 2601/2/3 which have taken over this service in recent weeks.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)