Current time: 19/04/2024, 22:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
I have reabile information for a Oldham driver, that Oldham Depot will not be sold off instead it will undertake of streamlining approach of it routes and stick with the main corridors and main road routes and dispose of the local run around.

In my eyes I would like Go North West to have some involement in Oldham at some point
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/01/2020 11:16)Mikeonthebuses Wrote:  I have reabile information for a Oldham driver, that Oldham Depot will not be sold off instead it will undertake of streamlining approach of it routes and stick with the main corridors and main road routes and dispose of the local run around.

In my eyes I would like Go North West to have some involement in Oldham at some point

No one wants the Buses or the Depot they all want the routes.

I see GNW getting Oldham road routes and rest being put to tender apart from 409 that be Stagecoach or Rosso would say 6 going to Rosso also.
(15/01/2020 15:32)Mrboo Wrote:  No one wants the Buses or the Depot they all want the routes.

I see GNW getting Oldham road routes and rest being put to tender apart from 409 that be Stagecoach or Rosso would say 6 going to Rosso also.
There is just no appeal to buying older depots anymore. They have high maintenance costs, are often larger than required and if you buy the depot, you end up TUPEing all the staff and that potentially costs a lot if their wages are higher than you want to charge.

The buses which First have aren't exactly the best either so you would have a lot of cost to get the fleet upto scratch.

It makes sense as to why someone would only want the routes but First have been so heavy with competition in previous years, companies are too scared to jump on First routes. It has pretty much been known that if you are going to compete with First, you go hard or go home (As First will flood routes and start rebranding routes). This reputation is good in their stronghold areas but when they want to get rid of some places (like Oldham), this is hindering their ability to get rid.

The Stagecoach driver shortage isn't helping things either so they can't expand as much as they may want to.
I think if a decision is made on the franchising going forwards then first will keep the depot as it keeps a foot in the door when it comes to the bidding process from which the decision is only a couple of months away
(16/01/2020 18:04)johnluke Wrote:  I think if a decision is made on the franchising going forwards then first will keep the depot as it keeps a foot in the door when it comes to the bidding process from which the decision is only a couple of months away

I don't think they will, it would be exactly the opposite, they showed they did not want franchised routes when they walked out of London and sold all the depots there.

I am sure what they want is compensation money if Stagecoach takes action against the Mayor and TfGM, First will be there after there share, after all they need to walk away with something from the cock up of the last 4 years or so where they have done nothing but lose money.

In the longer term opps sold by First might be reunited if GoAhead first of all buy Oldham and then follow it up with a bid for Rotala, who will struggle when there loans for First Ddepots need paying, in the same way First has struggled with the depots it bought from MBO's its fine till the loans need repaying.
If stagecoach take the mayor and tfgm to court it will be their loss as it will prompt other PTEs to go down the franchising route then souter will have to open his wallet more...its what the people want and should not be dictated by a private company like stagecoach
(18/01/2020 18:56)johnluke Wrote:  If stagecoach take the mayor and tfgm to court it will be their loss as it will prompt other PTEs to go down the franchising route then souter will have to open his wallet more...its what the people want and should not be dictated by a private company like stagecoach

Interesting but the party in favour of everything being controlled or owned publicly lost the election by almost as many points as City are being Liverpool (brill by the way).
(18/01/2020 19:15)Rodney259 Wrote:  Interesting but the party in favour of everything being controlled or owned publicly lost the election by almost as many points as City are being Liverpool (brill by the way).

The party that won the election have put failing businesses into public ownership previously, and are probably about to do the same to Northern Rail. Don't rule out the possibility of them getting involved in the bus sector if the situation more or less demands it.
(18/01/2020 23:59)EDB325 Wrote:  The party that won the election have put failing businesses into public ownership previously, and are probably about to do the same to Northern Rail. Don't rule out the possibility of them getting involved in the bus sector if the situation more or less demands it.

True. More than likely.
If Oldham is losing Money now when they are forced to give up routes what money will they get? The cost price of the buses or Depots am sure or a deal to have in on the Tenders. You would think they be Begging for a Deal to get out of Manchester
As they only have the Depot that worth money as rest can Be moved out of Oldham and the routes are not worth money if they are loss making

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)