Current time: 29/03/2024, 07:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(18/09/2019 16:10)T42 PVM Wrote:  From 27th October First have cancelled the 68 Bolton - Trafford Centre and registered an 80 Oldham Circular via Lees and Holts Estate and a 426 Oldham Circular via Fitton Hill.

Not surprised one bit about the 68 but I thought that was a TfGM tendered route in the evenings or am I mixing it up with the 2
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/09/2019 16:14)darylyates17 Wrote:  Not surprised one bit about the 68 but I thought that was a TfGM tendered route in the evenings or am I mixing it up with the 2

Evening 68 is operated by First currently

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Given that Diamond Bus have submitted a variation change to the 68 yesterday, it might be a case that Diamond are taking over the evening journeys, possibly commercially.

It looks like that the 425 is split into two routes with 425 continuing between Oldham and Holts and 426 between Oldham and Fitton Hill. The new 80 service suggests that the 81A is re-numbered 80 and will split at Oldham with the Manchester-Oldham section running as a 81.

There's also route and timetable changes for the 83 and 180/184. Possibly more changes to Oldham routes next month.
(18/09/2019 17:40)SF07 Wrote:  Given that Diamond Bus have submitted a variation change to the 68 yesterday, it might be a case that Diamond are taking over the evening journeys, possibly commercially.

It looks like that the 425 is split into two routes with 425 continuing between Oldham and Holts and 426 between Oldham and Fitton Hill. The new 80 service suggests that the 81A is re-numbered 80 and will split at Oldham with the Manchester-Oldham section running as a 81.

There's also route and timetable changes for the 83 and 180/184. Possibly more changes to Oldham routes next month.

Thinking about this, it may also be better to operate the 68 from Eccles depot rather than Bolton given that the Trafford Centre is close to Eccles depot.

On a seperate note that I am sure that Winston will be interested in SN68 AJS is still carrying fleet number 20159 and hasn't been renumbered to 20166, physically, or at least not yet, maybe this is some sort of oversight or mistake but when seen in Wigan today, 19/09/19 was still carrying 20159. Also all of this batch still carrying legal lettering giving the Atherton address despite the fact its closed along with several Eccles and ex Atherton vehicles at Bolton.
Intresting time ahead for the 81/81A and it intresting to see another incarnation of the 80 route as there been loads of tryed and tested 80 routes in the past.

but where is this information coming from please
Correct me if I'm wrong but unless a couple of vehicle swaps occure I can't see Diamond Eccles operating the 68 from next month as 68 always has single or double deckers allocated to it and Diamond Eccles is a minibus depot from what I can gather.
(20/09/2019 05:40)M60lad Wrote:  Correct me if I'm wrong but unless a couple of vehicle swaps occure I can't see Diamond Eccles operating the 68 from next month as 68 always has single or double deckers allocated to it and Diamond Eccles is a minibus depot from what I can gather.
Evening 68s are moving to Diamond to make up for loss of the 35 so could they mean just the evenings being ran from Eccles.
(20/09/2019 05:40)M60lad Wrote:  Correct me if I'm wrong but unless a couple of vehicle swaps occure I can't see Diamond Eccles operating the 68 from next month as 68 always has single or double deckers allocated to it and Diamond Eccles is a minibus depot from what I can gather.

Yes, Eccles is largely a minibus depot currently but that is only based from what was largely taken over from Go Goodwins a couple of years or so ago, Eccles is capable of holding full size saloons, and has the 4 short Wright Streetlite's based there. As Diamond searches for growth there is obviously an option to allocate other vehicles there to either free up space at Bolton or to expand within Manchester and Salford. Eccles is capable of a 55-60 bus allocation but currently only has around 40 vehicles based there.

Incidentally 32220 SO65 LSC which was scheduled for moving to Eccles, appears to instead have gone to Bolton or has subsequently moved to Bolton, as its turned up today on service 517 Middlebrook Retail Park - Westhoughton - Atherton - Leigh.
Doing a quick check on DVLA i noticed the following changes:

53146 MX54 GZD Untaxed as of Aug 19
53147 MX54 GZE Untaxed as of Aug 19
60188 V136 DND Untaxed as of Aug 19

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I have noticed for the last 2 days that the Oldham Depot Enviro400 has become very liable to breaking down with at least 2 breaking down in the last 2 days, one was because it ran out of water and the other was broken down outside Oldham Hospital for a unknown reason.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)